- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
- Long Beach
The Boeing Company is seeking Software Engineers in support of a Flight Electronics Tools Development Team. This position will part of a team of SW Engineers with diverse backgrounds and skill levels. The successful candidate will support the full development life cycle. This includes requirements development, design, code, test, integration, formal qualification / certification of software tools that will be used in the development and deployment of electronic systems.
Basic Qualifications (Required Skills and Experience)
- Ability to obtain a U.S. Security Clearance for which the U.S. Government requires U.S. Citizenship
- Bachelor's, Master's or Doctorate of Science degree from an accredited course of study, in engineering, computer science, mathematics, physics or chemistry
- Applicants must possess a solid foundation in computer science and have a genuine interest in software programming to solve challenging problems.
- Knowledge of object oriented analysis and design methods, with coding experience in Java.
- Demonstrated creative, critical thinking and troubleshooting skills are required.
- Ability to communicate with stakeholders of different backgrounds and skill levels.
- Experience with Agile Software Development methodologies.
Preferred Qualifications (Desired Skills/Experience):
- Experience with Java/XML technologies, HTML5 web applications, web services, cloud deployments, UI development, microservice architecture/design, Test Driven Development (TDD), and/or Continuous Integration/Continuous Deployment (CI/CD)
- Familiarity with Atlassian Suite (Jira, BitBucket, Bamboo, Confluence)
- DO178C/DO330 or Safety Critical Software
Typical Education/Experience: Education/experience typically acquired through advanced technical education from an accredited course of study in engineering, computer science, mathematics, physics or chemistry (e.g. Bachelor) and typically 2 or more years' related work experience or an equivalent combination of technical education and experience (e.g. Master). In the USA, ABET accreditation is the preferred, although not required, accreditation standard
Relocation:Relocation assistance is not a negotiable benefit for this position. Candidates must live in the immediate area or relocate at their own expense.
Drug Free Workplace:Boeingis a Drug Free Workplace where post offer applicants and employees are subject to testing for marijuana, cocaine, opioids, amphetamines, PCP, and alcohol when criteria is met as outlined in our policies
All information provided will be checked and may be verified.
Please apply as soon as possible for this role as recruitment may commence before the end date.
Contingent Upon Program Award
No, this position is not contingent upon program award
About the company
As we enter our second century, Boeing is the world's largest aerospace company and leading manufacturer of commercial airplanes and defense, space and security systems. We are engineers and technicians. Skilled scientists and thinkers. Bold innovators and dreamers. Join us, and build something better for yourself, for our customers and for the world.
Boeing is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.