- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
- New York City
Software Engineer, SwapOne
Location: Position can either sit in London or New York City
Business Function: Technology Department overview: Position summary:
We are seeking a senior software developer to work on the SwapOne platform
- a full featured Swap lifecycle application that is utilised by both buy and sell side clients.
They will be responsible for implementing client and technology sponsored changes within SwapOne.
These changes will vary in size from small tactical fixes to larger, system wide enhancements.
The candidate must be happy working closely with the client to gather requirements and discuss potential solutions.
They will be expected to assist with the analysis and design of solutions and test their changes.
In addition to development responsibilities L3 support will be required.
SwapOne is written in C# as a three tier application and uses Sql Server for its database.
Duties & accountabilities:
- Development of the SwapOne application in accordance with the application's roadmap, design patterns, standards and business vision of the division.
Assistance with analysis and requirements definition, solution design, coding of changes and writing of unit tests to ensure changes match both functional and non-functional requirements.
- Work with sales and business analysis team to facilitate deployment and integration of SwapOne with newly on-boarded clients.
- Although we have a dedicated support team, the development team is responsible for resolving issues escalated to them by the support team.
This involves being available (on a rota basis) for escalations overnight and at weekends.
- Assist with the team's vision of moving towards a continuous delivery methodology through implementation of automated units test, and contribution towards the industrialisation of our build and deployment processes.
- Contribute to the evolving long term technical road map for the SwapOne platform ensuring that the technical solutions and patterns within the application remain current and that we are constantly improving the quality and ease of delivery.
Proactively engage in efforts to reduce technical debt and the remediation of issues related to code quality, functional behaviour, and performance.
Business competencies: Education and experience:
•Commercial experience of building or maintaining a swap platform within a software house, hedge fund or banking environment or commercial non-swap experience within a financial services organisation
•Computer Science degree preferred but commercial experience deemed more relevant Commercial awareness:
•Detailed understanding of C# including Remoting, WCF, and Winforms.
Ideally experience of .NET 4.0
•Detailed understanding of Transact-SQL preferably using SQL Server.
Including creation of tables, indexes and stored procedures
•Excellent understanding of OO concepts and 3 tier applications
•Commercial experience performance tuning .NET applications and SQL
•Experience of either: Agile, Spiral, Waterfall or Iterative development methodologies
•Experience of Continuous Integration tools (preferably TeamCity) and code analytic tools.
•Ideally has experience of HTML5 and RESTful API's
•Ideally has good implementation knowledge of Windows or Linux operating systems and networks Management requirements:
• Management of staff is not required in this role but proven experience of teaching/ mentoring other team members is required It is the policy of IHS Markit to provide equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law.
In addition, IHS Markit will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities.
We maintain a drug-free workplace.
For candidates in the US, we are a participant in E-Verify (see link below).
EEO is the Law
EEO is the Law Supplement
Right to Work
Pay Transparency Policy
Current Colleagues If you are currently a colleague with IHS Markit please apply internally via Workday.