- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
As part of Disney Enterprise Technology, you will position yourself at the center of an exciting, multi-faceted company. We partner directly with all of the company’s businesses, including Walt Disney Television, Disney Direct-to-Consumer & International, Marvel, Disney Studios, and Walt Disney Parks, Experiences, and Products. You will have the opportunity to see the most interesting Company from the most interesting point of view. Imagine working side-by-side with industry leaders in your field of study. Imagine building upon the skills you’ve learned in the classroom through real-world hands-on work experience. When your extraordinary talents, our renowned legacy and the promise of an even brighter future unite, just imagine the stories you could be part of!
This is a hands-on software engineering internship that affords you with the opportunity to develop and deploy chat bots, AI-driven skills and automation, and integrations with the platforms and tools our cast members and employees use on a day to day basis to support them in their work. You will be a member of a cross-functional team (engineers, architects, product managers, customer success managers, and service managers) focused on supporting the future of work at Disney.
- Bringing to life (design, prototype/POC, develop, and deploy) chat bots and digital personas that interact with cast members and employees and support them in their work
- Building integrations between tools and platforms used by our cast members and employees
- Investigate and report out on new technologies and methodologies at the direction of architects, engineers, and product managers
- Participate in software testing and user acceptance testing cycles of new and iterative solutions
Basic Qualifications :
- Must be self-motivated, have a strong team orientation, learn quickly and possess excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Desire to work on chat bots and integrate/customize/build tools used by our cast members and employees on a day to day basis
- Passion for software engineering and user experience
- Interest in troubleshooting and exploration of solutions
- Experience and familiarity in developing and deploying solutions to public cloud environments (Azure, AWS, GCP)
- Basic understanding and passion for chatbot development, conversational UI, NLP (Natural Language Processing), and Machine Learning. Bonus: Experience with chatbot frameworks (Hubot, Amazon Lex, Microsoft Bot Framework/LUIS, Facebook Bots, Dialogflow)
- Experience working with webhooks, APIs, and RESTful services of vendor APIs. Bonus: Experience with Microsoft Teams/Graph API, Slack APIs, Box Platform, G Suite API.
- Experience with GitHub/GitLab and documented contributions to open source / team projects
Required Education :
- Currently enrolled in an accredited college or university and taking at least one class, or recently completed a Bachelor’s Degree (within the last six (6) months at time of application) in Computer Science or related field
Additional Information :
- Must be enrolled in a college/university taking at least one class in the semester/quarter (spring/fall) prior to participation in the internship program OR must have graduated from a college/university within the past six (6) months OR currently participating in a Disney College Program or Disney Professional Internship.
- Must be at least 18 years of age.
- Must not have completed one year of continual employment on a Disney internship or program.
- Must possess unrestricted work authorization.
- Current Active Disney cast members must meet Professional Internship transfer guidelines (for Walt Disney World cast members this is no more than four points and one reprimand in the last six months; for Disneyland cast members this is six months of consecutive service and a performance record clear of any disciplinary issues (warnings, suspensions, etc.) for at least six months).
- Program Dates: Interns must be fully available from May/June 2020 through August/September 2020. Must be able to work 40 hours a week, Monday through Friday.
- Transportation: Interns must have reliable transportation to get to and from work for the duration of their internship program.
- Housing: Interns must provide their own housing for the duration of their internship program.
About the company
The Walt Disney Company is the global leader in high-quality entertainment and innovative technology. Begin a career that delivers unparalleled creative content and experiences to audiences around the world.
Specialties: Entertainment, Media, Movies, Resorts, Live Entertainment, Studios, Broadcasting, Theme Parks, Television.