- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
Motorola Mobility is one of the world’s fastest growing smartphone providers,
creating groundbreaking, affordable, high quality products designed and built
with the global customer in mind. And it’s our people who make this all
happen. We are thinkers, risk-takers and problem solvers, working together to
constantly challenge the status quo. If you share our commitment to ingenuity,
creativity and innovation, we want you to help us define our world of
tomorrow. Explore the opportunities and apply today.
Role & Team Description:
We have multiple technical leadership positions within Motorola Mobility’s
System, Multimedia & Camera Software organization. Our world-class engineers
are passionate about delivering industry best mobile devices and these are
exciting opportunities to join the team located in the heart of downtown
The System, Multimedia & Camera Software organization is responsible for the
wireless technologies, Linux kernel, device security, and the imaging and
video experience delivered in Motorola’s mobile devices. We dive deep into the
Android stack to deliver cutting edge consumer valued wireless and camera
experiences across all tiers of mobile devices. We work closely with product
management, app developers, image quality experts, and hardware & factory
partner teams to deliver these experiences.
Scope of Responsibilities:
As a leader and software architect your responsibilities will include
designing, developing, and extending our system software platform supporting
numerous features and hardware platforms. You will be asked to:
• Cultivate a strong engineering culture at Motorola as it pertains to our
software experiences and performance within the Android mobile ecosystem
• Lead and mentor a small team of engineers
• Assess and improve the platform design of Motorola products and platforms
• Lead development of platform software into new device platforms
• Drive improvement of technologies enhancing quality, performance, and
• Collaborate with external teams to ensure effective and timely development
and integration of new functionality and experiences
• BS/MS degree in CS, EE, or a related engineering discipline
• 10+ years industry experience in embedded software development and/or
embedded software Systems Engineering
• Solid experience with Linux OS, C, C++, Java, and Kotlin a plus
• Proven strategic thinking and planning skills
• Ability to lead and mentor
• Effective communication skills
• Overall experience implementing various design patterns with strong
algorithmic, data structure, and object oriented programming skills
• Development experience of device drivers for the peripherals like touch
screen, display, cameras, audio, GPS, NFC, etc.
• Multimedia/image processing software development experience
• Familiarity with wireless protocols (e.g. broadband cellular, WiFi,
Bluetooth, NFC, USB, etc..) and motion sensors
• Hands on experience with AI and Machine Learning
• Working Knowledge of OpenCL and OpenGL ES
• Agile development background as well as experience with Android Studio,
Git, Gerrit, and Jira
• 2+ years of technical leadership experience
About the company
With 50,000+ employees and $43B in global sales in 160 countries, Lenovo is a global leader in providing innovative consumer, commercial and data center technology.
As a member of the Fortune Global 500 and Interbrand’s 100 most valuable global brands, Lenovo is bigger and stronger than ever thanks to not only organic growth, but also due to the acquisitions of Motorola Mobility and IBM’s x86 Server business.
Our portfolio of high-quality, secure products and services covers PCs (including the legendary Think and multimode YOGA brands), workstations, servers, storage, networking, software (including ThinkSystem and ThinkAgile solutions), smart TVs and a family of mobile products like smartphones (including the Motorola brand), tablets and apps.
Our product line includes: ThinkPad, YOGA, Miix, Legion By Lenovo gaming, Ideacentre, Thinkcentre, Moto Z and Moto Mods.
Lenovo also has a diverse employee culture. As a true global company, our leaders and employees come from various cultures across the globe. Everyone at Lenovo takes great pride in our ability to attract top talent from diverse backgrounds. We view our differences as a source of strength in building a culture that helps us achieve our goals.