- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
72910 Engineering 5/16/2019 Chicago, Illinois, United States
Motorola Mobility is one of the world’s fastest growing smartphone providers, creating groundbreaking, affordable, high quality products designed and built with the global customer in mind. And it’s our people who make this all happen. We are thinkers, risk-takers and problem solvers, working together to constantly challenge the status quo. If you share our commitment to ingenuity, creativity and innovation, we want you to help us define our world of tomorrow. Explore the opportunities and apply today.
Role & Team Description:
We have multiple technical leadership positions within Motorola Mobility’s System, Multimedia & Camera Software organization. Our world-class engineers are passionate about delivering industry best mobile devices and these are exciting opportunities to join the team located in the heart of downtown Chicago!
The System, Multimedia & Camera Software organization is responsible for the wireless technologies, Linux kernel, device security, and the imaging and video experience delivered in Motorola’s mobile devices. We dive deep into the Android stack to deliver cutting edge consumer valued wireless and camera experiences across all tiers of mobile devices. We work closely with product management, app developers, image quality experts, and hardware & factory partner teams to deliver these experiences.
Scope of Responsibilities:
As a leader and software architect your responsibilities will include designing, developing, and extending our system software platform supporting numerous features and hardware platforms. You will be asked to:
• Cultivate a strong engineering culture at Motorola as it pertains to our software experiences and performance within the Android mobile ecosystem
• Lead and mentor a small team of engineers
• Assess and improve the platform design of Motorola products and platforms
• Lead development of platform software into new device platforms
• Drive improvement of technologies enhancing quality, performance, and efficiency
• Collaborate with external teams to ensure effective and timely development and integration of new functionality and experiences
• BS/MS degree in CS, EE, or a related engineering discipline
• 10+ years industry experience in embedded software development and/or embedded software Systems Engineering
• Solid experience with Linux OS, C, C++, Java, and Kotlin a plus
• Proven strategic thinking and planning skills
• Ability to lead and mentor
• Effective communication skills
• Overall experience implementing various design patterns with strong algorithmic, data structure, and object oriented programming skills
• Development experience of device drivers for the peripherals like touch screen, display, cameras, audio, GPS, NFC, etc.
• Multimedia/image processing software development experience
• Familiarity with wireless protocols (e.g. broadband cellular, WiFi, Bluetooth, NFC, USB, etc..) and motion sensors
• Hands on experience with AI and Machine Learning
• Working Knowledge of OpenCL and OpenGL ES
• Agile development background as well as experience with Android Studio, Git, Gerrit, and Jira
• 2+ years of technical leadership experience
About the company
Motorola, Inc. was a multinational telecommunications company based in Schaumburg, Illinois, United States (U.S.). After having lost $4.3 billion from 2007 to 2009, the company was divided into two independent public companies, Motorola Mobility and Motorola Solutions on January 4, 2011. Motorola Solutions is generally considered to be the direct successor to Motorola, Inc., as the reorganization was structured with Motorola Mobility being spun off.