- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
What we do
Practichem, a Raleigh-based biotech firm focused on speeding antiviral cures to market, uses a patented protein chromatography instrumentation platform to deliver time and cost savings in the race to deliver critical viral health solutions worldwide.
Chromatography instrument technology lags well behind consumer tech. Many current scientific instruments are controlled by 1993-era software. When compared to current technology, chromatography instruments do not store and share data well. Studies reveal scientists spending the majority of their applied time extracting, converting, and loading data as part of their workflow. This is not a research science problem, or a chromatographic problem. This requires a software technology solution.
Practichem believes scientific instrument software should be as intuitive to use as a smart phone app. We’re setting a new standard for the laboratory by creating browser based software that runs our scientific instruments. Help us drive innovation to the laboratory for greater discovery and collaboration.
Who we are
Practichem is a different kind of company and we like it that way. We have incredibly high standards and hire exceptional people who enjoy pushing themselves to perform at their highest levels every day. Join our team and enjoy an environment that appreciates hard work and achievements.
What we expect
You appreciate a start-up environment free from bureaucracy. You thrive on open discussion. You have incredibly high standards for documentation and testing procedures. Organization and consistency are standard operating procedures for you.
This must excite you. You must be curious and practical. You will be expected to challenge and be challenged, to create and innovate. Practichem's work style is not for everyone.
What you will do
- Manage software testing and strategy.
- Update tests to reflect the latest user stories.
- Devise client and server system tests.
- Write automated integration tests, maintain and update existing tests.
- Participate in design discussions.
- Test software and hardware on web applications and instrumentation.
- Clearly and consistently document issues, bugs, and testing procedures.
- Prepare and present technical information to departmental, cross-departmental, and executive groups.
- Provide subject matter expertise and reach out for help when needed.
- Juggle fast changing priorities, be process minded, and detail driven.
Preferred experience and skills
- Bachelor's degree plus at least 5 years relevant experience or demonstrated technical competencies plus at least 5 years relevant experience.
- Jenkins, Selenium, or Cucumber
- JIRA or similar tracking system
- Effective verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills.
- Understand and analyze complex issues.
- Work with minimal supervision and document daily goals.
- Have strong organizational skills.
- Experience in scientific instrumentation.
- Experience with databases.
- Start-up environment experience.
What we offer
- Competitive compensation and benefits. We work reasonable hours and rarely get called on nights, weekends, or holidays.
- We support remote work.
- You'll work alongside other accomplished engineers and scientists.
- Choose a Mac or a PC. You can run Windows or a Linux distro.
- Join Practichem and get $500 in cozy cash to set your workspace how you want. Buy a super mouse, a wrist thingy, a special chair, plant, mood ring, or maybe a Maneki-neko?
Make sure you’re having fun at work -- meet new friends, push yourself in new ways, try new things. If you aren’t having fun at some level, you’ll be unhappy. We don’t want that. We want you to work hard, love what you do, and have fun.
About the company