- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary $18,000.00 - $30,000.00 unpaid work
Cisco has begun a multi-year transformation to recurring offers (software and subscription) while maintaining focus on hardware/system sales. Cisco is making this transition to meet customer requirements and market dynamics for recurring offers. In addition, software and subscription-based business drives greater predictability, smoother cash flow, and predictable margins for Cisco. Cisco’s strategy is to continue to introduce new and innovative recurring offers to help achieve our targeted recurring penetration rate by FY2021. In order to facilitate ASP’s move to software and subscriptions, we are aligning Software Executives to enable, engage and ultimately transform the business.
This Sales Software Executive will operate in a Product Sales Specialist (PSS) job role. The Software Executive will be a quota-carrying high- performance Sales leader who is chartered with accelerating the adoption of Enterprise Agreements (EAs), and Cisco software Buying Models generally. The Software Specialist function is focused on driving Cisco DNA, Data Center, Collaboration, Service Provider Architectures, and Security EAs. Specifically, in FY19, this Software Executive’s role consists of supporting the Americas Service Provider segment.
· Software Executive will support all of America’s Service Provider
· Drive Cisco DNA EAs, Security EA 1.0 and 2.0 deals, Cisco Flex Plan and Collab EAs including prospecting, working with pricing teams and legal tools, customer proposals and booking support. This includes working with the Security AMs, Collab PSSs, Services specialists and Account Teams to drive sales of EAs
· Become a Key contributor in the working group that is building the new SP EA offers
· Work with Services teams to prospect EAs through SWSS, Subscription, MSA, SWEEPS, and SmartNet Renewals
· Work closely with Software Offer Monetization Office (OMO), Customer and Partner Services (CPS), Value Management Office (VMO), and the Product BE(s) on pricing and Install Base (IB) crediting to provide EA pricing
· Serve as EA financial architect working with the Account and Architecture teams supporting DSA/discount structures, Cisco Capital integration, ROI/TCO analysis for customer proposal
· Work with Deal Management Organization (DMO) in order to book EAs properly, which includes RNSD support for HW sales post EA booking
· Work with the Partners to construct the EA proposal along with customer sale of EA, inclusive of Partner Adoption Services and Cisco Services as appropriate
· Enablement of the Americas SP sales field (AM/PSS/CSE) to drive EA sales to end customers
· Formation and consistent communication of Americas Service Provider RO/EA pipeline and forecast
· Act as a software leader in all facets of the business, most notably guiding and mentoring account teams with respect to Software-led Innovation and Subscription Value
Experience & Skills Required
Adaptable, comfortable with rapid pace of change, and able to function independently in a highly dynamic environment
Highly persuasive, able to sell cross architecture licensing in Enterprise agreements and able to drive executive-level conversations with customers, procurement, finance, legal, partners, and Cisco teams that translate into orders
· Minimum 10 years successfully selling information technology solutions (Example: Security, Collab, Enterprise Networking)
· Preferred: 5 years’ experience in selling Software, Subscriptions, licensing, etc.
· Excellent skills in both written and verbal communications, along with Excel spreadsheets, as well as good listening and strong presentation skills
· Proven ability to work cross functionally leveraging indirect leadership to gain support and investment
We connect everything: people, processes, data, and things. We innovate everywhere, taking bold risks to shape the technologies that give us smart cities, connected cars, and handheld hospitals. And we do it in style with unique personalities who aren’t afraid to change the way the world works, lives, plays and learns. We are thought leaders, tech geeks, pop culture aficionados, and we even have a few purple haired rock stars. We celebrate the creativity and diversity that fuels our innovation. We are dreamers and we are doers.
About the company
At Cisco, transforming the way people work, live, play and learn also includes being a great place to work. For 17 years, we’ve been named a Fortune 100 Best Place to Work, one of a handful of companies included on the list since its inception. And, we are among 25 companies acknowledged as a world’s best multinational workplace.
We’re proud of this recognition because it means, at Cisco, you will enjoy working flexibly, using our own market-leading collaboration technology to drive innovation; taking advantage of numerous health and wellness resources; pursuing exciting career opportunities, and participating in programs to help your local communities or fulfill philanthropic interests. And, you’ll be doing all of this while being part of a global team that is making a positive difference in the world.
Learn why Cisco is a great place to work and what we offer you.