- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary $18,000.00 - $30,000.00 unpaid work
- San Jose
Title: Software Technical Leader
Cisco is the worldwide leader in networking that transforms how people connect, communicate, and collaborate. Since 1984, Cisco has led in the innovation of IP-based networking technologies such as routing, switching, security, unified communications, video, and wireless. Our responsible business practices help ensure business sustainability and environmentally conscious operations and products. Cisco Enterprise Networking Group builds cutting edge services routing platforms with huge market share. This group handles all of Cisco product Wireless WAN needs and routing platform development, helping Cisco be the market leader in enterprise routing for both wired and wireless WAN.
Who You’ll Work With:
The Platform and Mobility software team is a group of talented individuals responsible for the architecture, design, implementation and support of all infrastructure and features on the next generation (enterprise and IoT) Cisco platforms.
As a member of this team, you will work next generation enterprise platforms. You will be working right from the product requirements stage all the way through customer support. You will involve product requirement analysis, SW design and implementation, write technical design documents, and perform tests. You will have an opportunity to get direct customer exposure.
· Participate on a project team of engineers involved in the development of software for our next generation platforms.
· Define, architect, design, and deliver new software and features for the enterprise, IoT and Mobility platforms
· Day to day activities will involve building new features, understanding features in a competitive product and proposing solutions that work for our platform.
· Writing functional and design specifications, programming, unit and integration testing your code, helping review specifications and code for other software engineers in the team, helping documentation team with the configuration aspects of your feature.
· Collaborate with cross functional teams including Hardware, Marketing. Debug Customer deployment issues, provide fixes.
· In depth experience in Board bring up, Linux kernel, uBoot, secure boot, ATF, dtb files, buildroot, Yocto, Openwrt
· Development experience with ARM SoCs, make files, writing device drivers for I2C, SPI,FPGA and CPLD, NVRAM, USB, timers, interrupts
· Experience with Ethernet MAC, 10G/40G/100G, PCIe device drivers, DPDK
· Strong in C/C++, OS fundamentals, Embedded Systems programming, TCP/UDP socket programming, IPCs, Linux kernel/driver development.
· Proficiency in development of algorithms using efficient data structures to come up with optimized code, debugging and troubleshooting under Linux environment
· Excellent debugging skills, debugging memory leaks, experience in GDB
· Experience in handling multiple tasks at once and work independently with minimal managerial mentorship
· Hands-on experience on switch/router embedded system software development.
· Experience with Python, and Shell scripting for automation.
· Experience with versioning control software, git, svn or acme
· Good understanding of L2 and L3 Protocols
· BS/ MS degree in EE or ECE or CS Engineering with 9+ years of industry experience.
· Programming Languages: C/C++, python, shell scripting
· Experience in embedded systems, board bring up, Linux device drivers
· Strong operating systems fundamentals
· Strong collaboration and interpersonal skills
· self-motivated with a strong sense of ownership
We connect everything: people, processes, data, and things. We innovate everywhere, taking bold risks to shape the technologies that give us smart cities, connected cars, and handheld hospitals. And we do it in style with rare personalities who aren’t afraid to change the way the world works, lives, plays and learns.
We are leaders with vision, tech geeks, pop culture aficionados, and we even have a few purple haired rock stars. We celebrate the creativity and diversity that fuels our innovation. We are dreamers and we are doers.
About the company
At Cisco, transforming the way people work, live, play and learn also includes being a great place to work. For 17 years, we’ve been named a Fortune 100 Best Place to Work, one of a handful of companies included on the list since its inception. And, we are among 25 companies acknowledged as a world’s best multinational workplace.
We’re proud of this recognition because it means, at Cisco, you will enjoy working flexibly, using our own market-leading collaboration technology to drive innovation; taking advantage of numerous health and wellness resources; pursuing exciting career opportunities, and participating in programs to help your local communities or fulfill philanthropic interests. And, you’ll be doing all of this while being part of a global team that is making a positive difference in the world.
Learn why Cisco is a great place to work and what we offer you.