- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
Software Test Engineer - 005NDI
Job Description – Software Tester, EcoStruxure Security Expert Software
You will be part of an agile team, testing system software for an enterprise Physical Access Control System. The primary purpose of the system is for controlling physical access, video monitoring, and integrations of related technologies for the deployment to small, medium, and large commercial installations. Responsibilities include developing automated tests, manual test cases, and performing manual testing for our next generation Security Access Control system.
- Participate in agile software team using scrum methodology
- Deliver high quality automated test code from defined acceptance criteria
- Participate in peer design of manual and automated tests
- Design and execute test plans, both automated and manual
- Develop and maintain automated testing frameworks and scripts
- Analyze and troubleshoot product related defects and feature gaps
Core Competency requirements:
- Experience with Software Quality Processes and Scaled Agile or Agile methodologies
Preferred Competency Requirements:
- Knowledge and experience testing enterprise client /server solutions that integrate physical embedded control devices, specifically for Building Management or Physical Access Control systems
- Knowledge and experience of network troubleshooting using network analysis tools such as Wireshark
- Knowledge of standards and protocols such as TCP/UDP/IP, SNMP, DHCP, DNS, Ethernet
- Experience with Test Driven Development, continuous integration, and agile software best practices
- Knowledge and experience with Agile tools such as Jira, Rally, or Hansoft
- Knowledge and experience with defect tracking software such as HP ALM
- Four-year Bachelor of Computer Science degree (or equivalent discipline such as CSE, CIS, MIS)
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills that can be demonstrated
Specialized Knowledge and Skills (Minimum qualifications needed to perform essential job functions):
· Working knowledge of PCs, Windows, DOS, and UNIX.
· Optional: Working knowledge of HVAC and Access Control Systems. Building automation application skills.
· Good communication skills.
Essential Education, Skills & Environment (Needed for this job specification):
· Normally requires a B.S. degree or higher in Computer Science, Engineering, or Mathematics.
· Minimum of 2 years of relevant experience or equivalent.
· Knowledge and practice of Agile development methods
Equipment & Applications (Machines, devices, tools, etc. used in job performance):
· PC Workstations (various software tools: word processors, spreadsheets, and databases).
· Defect tracking, test automation, and version control tools
About the company
Schneider Electric SE is a European multinational corporation that specializes in electricity distribution, automation management and produces installation components for energy management. It is headquartered in Rueil-Malmaison, France and is also based at the World Trade Center of Grenoble.
Schneider Electric is the global specialist in energy management and automation.
Schneider Electric develops technologies and solutions to make energy safe, reliable, efficient, productive and green. The Group invests in R&D in order to sustain innovation and differentiation, with a strong commitment to sustainable development.