- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary $18,000.00 - $30,000.00 unpaid work
What You'll Do
As Wireless (wifi) test engineer your role will be Software Test Lad (Automation/Manual) and you will be part of world-class Software test team that works on various cutting edge technologies in switching. Opportunity to work with leading edge networking technologies in the areas of high speed, high performance switches for Access/Campus market segments.
Role & Responsibilities
● Review Customer Solution Requirement Docs (SRDs)
● Design and Validate Customer use cases
● Automate use cases using TCL/Expect/Python
● Participate in innovative Software test initiatives
● Work closely with the field to successfully enable the Solutions
Who You'll Work With
Enterprise Access Switching Group in Cisco is the industry leader in enterprise networking with a proven track record in building innovative wired and wireless solutions. This particular position is in the Wired Software Test team.
Who You Are
● Typically requires MSEE/CS combined with 5-7 years of related experience or BSEE/CS combined with 7-10+ years of experience
● Excellent Layer 2 and Layer 3 knowledge/ hands-on experience. Good understanding of various networking protocols and standards.
● Experience in test tools and utilities such as Ixia, IxChariot and Wireshark/Ethereal.
● Experience in Scripting Languages: TCL, Expect, Python
● Strong passion and experience in troubleshooting, debugging complex systems and possess excellent problem-solving techniques
● Execute tests, track and log issues and drive them till resolution with verification of bug fixes
● Review PRD, SFS, Test plans, and other documentations
● Strong verbal and written communication skills, with the ability to work cross-functionally.
● Self-motivated, strong sense of ownership, good team player
● Must be able to handle multiple tasks at once and work independently with minimal managerial oversight.
● Have experience in customer deployments
● Be open to continuous learning and committed to on-going self-improvement.
● Initiate and participate in organizational efforts to improve overall group productivity and test effectiveness. Contribute to overall test strategies
We connect everything: people, processes, data, and things. We innovate everywhere, taking bold risks to shape the technologies that give us smart cities, connected cars, and handheld hospitals. And we do it in style with unique personalities who aren’t afraid to change the way the world works, lives, plays and learns.
We are thought leaders, tech geeks, pop culture aficionados, and we even have a few purple haired rock stars. We celebrate the creativity and diversity that fuels our innovation. We are dreamers and we are doers.
We Are Cisco.
About the company
At Cisco, transforming the way people work, live, play and learn also includes being a great place to work. For 17 years, we’ve been named a Fortune 100 Best Place to Work, one of a handful of companies included on the list since its inception. And, we are among 25 companies acknowledged as a world’s best multinational workplace.
We’re proud of this recognition because it means, at Cisco, you will enjoy working flexibly, using our own market-leading collaboration technology to drive innovation; taking advantage of numerous health and wellness resources; pursuing exciting career opportunities, and participating in programs to help your local communities or fulfill philanthropic interests. And, you’ll be doing all of this while being part of a global team that is making a positive difference in the world.
Learn why Cisco is a great place to work and what we offer you.