- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
Job DescriptionA.T. Still University's School of Osteopathic Medicine in Arizona (SOMA) is seeking an Assistant Dean for Curriculum Integration, who works closely with the Associate Dean of Curriculum Integration (ADCI) to provide leadership, management, and support for the faculty and students primarily over the first two years of the ATSU-SOMA curriculum. The Assistant Dean for Curriculum Integration works in collaboration with the Associate Dean of Clinical Integration, Associate Dean of Clinical Education and Services and the Assistant Dean of Clinical Education, Assessment/Outcomes and GME, and Assistant Dean for Student Achievement to ensure appropriate curriculum integration for years III and IV.
Major job duties:
- Trains faculty for facilitating small group learning
- Uses expertise to maximize the use of Examsoft
- Develop Predictor models that facilitate early identification of student’s academic performance
- Works closely with the UME department (UMED) to develop best educational practices in Assessment.
- Promotes innovative strategies for teaching within and delivering the ATSU-SOMA curriculum.
- Evaluates the performance of the ATSU-SOMA curriculum coordinators and department chairs.
- Works cooperatively with Administration team, faculty and staff in planning and integrating OMM, Health Systems Science, Basic and Clinical Sciences into all four years of the ATSU-SOMA curriculum.
- Continually evaluates the ATSU-SOMA curriculum and student performance; recommends necessary changes and strategies for improving the curriculum and students’ performance.
- Serves as an ex-officio member of the ATSU-SOMA Curriculum Committee.
- Represents ATSU-SOMA and participates at local, state, national and international levels in activities that have a direct influence on the curriculum.
- Assists in the direct evaluation and requirements of essential equipment, facilities, and other resources necessary for delivering the curriculum and makes recommendations to the Associate Dean.
- Recommends to the ADCI policies and procedures pertaining to the curriculum and implements such policies and procedures.
- Works closely with the ADCI to prepare materials pertaining to the ATSU-SOMA curriculum for accreditation-related activities.
- Provides feedback to the ACDI, Dean’s cabinet and the Dean and other ATSU-SOMA administrators on faculty performance in delivering and developing the curriculum and adherence to the curricular model.
- Fosters communication between all members of the faculty and staff and ATSU-SOMA Curriculum Committee.
- Fosters the integration of all curricular content around the ATSU-SOMA curricular model.
- Works cooperatively with the faculty/staff to create faculty/staff development activities as they pertain to the ATSU-SOMA curriculum.
- Provides input to the ATSU-SOMA strategic plan and helps to implement curricular components of that plan.
- Works to implement the University-wide strategic plan as it relates to the ATSU-SOMA curriculum.
- Promotes inter-professional education opportunities with other ATSU programs (e.g., dental, physician assistant, physical therapy, etc.).
- Assists in the preparation of grant-funding opportunities as they relate to the first two years of the curriculum.
- Participates with annual faculty development program.
- Works collaboratively with faculty development director.
- Works collaboratively with ACDI and UMED and Assistant Dean of Student Achievement in orientation planning
- Works collaboratively with Director of Institutional Research for assessment methods.
A bachelor's degree plus PhD or DO with education experience is required for this position.