- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
- Kearney County
Position Type: PRN
Scheduled Hours per 2 week Pay Period: 0
Primary Location: NE KEARNEY GOOD SAMARITAN
Essential Key Job Responsibilities
Performs various diagnostic cardiology and/or peripheral vascular exams including but not limited to:
Peripheral arterial duplex
Peripheral venous duplex
Exercise stress echo
Chemical stress echo
Noninvasive Cardiac Testing
Holter/Event monitor applications
Non-imaging stress testing
Corroborates clinical history and assesses patient for appropriateness of ordered procedure.
Provides patient education, applies patient relations skills and maintain confidentiality of patients and customers in a safe and professional manner.
Assumes responsibility for assigned area, reporting equipment malfunctions and procedure difficulties.
Is responsible for completing quarterly mandatory education requirements.
Assumes responsibility for personal and professional development through participation in department meetings, in-service programs, and continuing education programs.
Performs value-added activities that result in positive customer satisfaction and/or financial performance.
Participates in Quality Improvement and Accreditation activities as assigned.
Participates in all safety, security, and infection control programs that are mandatory as well as those required and provided by the department.
When scheduled on-call, must be able to respond within 30 minutes of notification.
May require light travel or floating to other CHI Health facilities and/or outreach sites as needed to provide staffing support.
This applies to all locations.
All team members are responsible for maintaining a positive work environment and participating in departmental problem-solving.
Other duties as assigned by department leader.
- Graduate of an accredited Diagnostic Medical Sonography program or equivalent clinical job training.
- Minimum of two registries in Adult CardiacSonography (RDCS-AE) and Vascular Technology (RVT) by the American Registry ofDiagnostic Medical Sonographers (ARDMS).
- New graduates from a dual cardiac and vascularultrasound program must obtain both their adult echo and vascular registrieswithin 12 months of hire date.
- AHA Basic Life Support (BLS) certification.
- Effective 01/01/2019, all current associates whohold a CCI or ARRT ultrasound registry prior to this date will not be requiredto obtain an ARDMS registry in their current modality.
Any subsequentregistries must be obtained through the ARDMS.
- Must possess a valid driver s license.
- Requisition ID: 2019-R
- Schedule: Part-time
- Market: CHI Health
Associated topics: cardiology, echocardiology, gyn, ihr, sono, sonographer ultrasound, sound, ultrasonographer, ultrasound, vascular
- safety and security