- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
Posting Number19200020EXJob TitleSpace and Project PlannerType of EmploymentRegular Full-TimeIf Part Time, Enter Hours Per WeekWork LocationMurrayEmployment Term12 MonthsPosition TypeStaff - Exempt(Monthly)DepartmentFacilities Design and ConstructionSummary of Job Duties and ResponsibilitiesPlans, implements and coordinates all aspects of the building and space use inventory for the university facilities on main campus and extended campuses.
• Performs planning and conceptual design for space use change or improvement, and/or assists in planning and design for reconfigured or new space.
• Provides space use statistics, customized analysis, and floor plans to campus departments.
• Assists with move planning and the transitioning of facilities from construction to occupancy.
• Develops and interprets policies and procedures for space requests and utilization.
• Assigns or classifies space according to pertinent standards or procedures.
• Develops, establishes, and controls the methods, procedures, and systems to increase overall effectiveness of facilities utilization and management.
• Develops, implements, and maintains a comprehensive facilities management computer system to include storage, retrieval, analysis, and reporting of the space management data and facilities inventory.
• Obtains information for updating facilities inventory and is responsible for survey methodology.
• Prepares complex and technical statistical analyses and reports related to the facility inventory.
• Analyzes space utilization effectiveness and changing demands for space needs; recommends actions to meet new requirements.
• Conducts studies, researches, and compiles data and prepares comprehensive facilities use and feasibility data to be used for campus planning, capital improvement, and long-range planning.
• Analyzes impact of new construction, renovation, and various remodeling on space planning.
• Identifies and resolves facility space utilization conflicts between departments.
• Manages or assists in the planning of projects involving space use change, from initial data gathering meetings with customers, to completion of conceptual design.
• Assists in the hire of, and directs consultants as required to develop space plans or tenant improvement plans.
• Assists in the research of information and consultation on costs of renovation and new construction.
• Coordinates occupant move-in to new or renovated facilities.
• Is responsible for maintaining and updating the MSU facility “base plans.”
• Shares responsibility in organizing and maintaining past and present University building and site drawings and construction and construction-related documents including drawings, maps, blueprints, surveys, specifications, and project files.
• Participates in campus master planning, and capital improvement planning as assigned.
• Assist with development of plans and specifications for construction and renovation projects coordinated by University staff.
• Assists in inspecting construction/renovation activities for compliance with applicable codes and standards as well as compliance with specifications with the contractor through the applicable chain of command.
• Perform other duties as assigned by the Assistant Director of Facilities Design and Construction.
Minimum Education Requirements• Bachelor’s degree or higher. Highly preferred in Interior Design, Interior Architecture, Architecture, or a related field.
Minimum Experience and Skill Requirements• Minimum of three years, but preferably five or more years, of experience related to the responsibilities and duties of this position, as described.
• Must have working knowledge of all Microsoft Office software and able to learn and use institutional software systems, including AutoCAD.
• Must be knowledgeable of applicable construction codes and standards.
• Must have good oral and written communications skills appropriate for individual, group and formal communications.
Preferred Education and/or Experience Qualifications• Experience related to space policy, planning and management.
• Experience working in an institution of higher education.
• Experience utilizing database software to track space allocations and related metrics in an institutional setting.
Physical Demands• Must be able to enter and work in tight spaces; enter construction zones (with hardhat).
• Must be able to work for long periods of time on the computer.
• Must be able to climb stairs.
• Must be able to lift up to 25lbs
Work HoursMinimum SalaryMaximum Salary Posting Details
Posting Date11/08/2019Closing Date12/02/2019Open Until FilledNoSpecial Instructions to ApplicantsAlong with the application, the following items must be included:
• Letter of application
Posting Specific QuestionsRequired fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * What is the highest level of education attained?
- High School Diploma
- Associates Degree
- Bachelors Degree
- Masters Degree
- * Do you have at least three years' of experience related to the responsibilities and duties of this position, as described? (Open Ended Question)
Documents Needed to ApplyRequired Documents
- Cover Letter
- Other Document
- ms project