- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
Geo-Technology Associates, Inc. (GTA) is seeking a Certified Special Inspector in Philadelphia for work in the Tri-State Area (PA, NJ, DE), with the majority of work taking place within the City of Philadelphia. Candidates should be registered with the City of Philadelphia or possess the relevant certifications to become certified within the first 3-6 months of employment. The ideal candidate should have 2-5 years of experience and maintain the qualifications associated with the category (Soils, Deep Foundations, Underpinnings, Welding, etc.) for which they are registered.
- Verify construction is being completed in accordance with all plans and specifications
- Carry out inspections, sampling and testing in accordance with the governing guidelines with the accepted means and methods of the certifying agency
- Coordinate with clients, general contractors, and GTA Project Managers
- Record and document the construction in daily field reports
- Contribute to the generation of technical reports and special inspection summaries
- Must possess at least one of the following current certifications:
- P.E., E.I.T, P.G., G.I.T.
- NICET Level I, II, III or IV (Geotechnical Engineering Technology Construction)
- NICET Level I, II, III, or IV (Soils Certificate in Construction Materials Testing)
- AWS or CWI
- American Society of Non-Destructive Testing (ASNT) Level II or III
- ICC Certifications (Welding, Bolting, Reinforced Concrete, etc.)
- ACI CCS, ACI Concrete Field Testing Technician Grade I, ACI/CRSI Certificate for Adhesive Anchor Installation
- Own reliable transportation, valid driver's license and satisfactory driving record
- Authorized to work in the U.S. (Visa sponsorship not available)
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Willing to travel and work in the Tri-State Area (PA, NJ, DE) and in the City of Philadelphia
- Ability to lift up to 75 lbs. unaided and up to 100 lbs. with assistance; frequent bending, hammering and other repetitious movements
- Proficient with Microsoft Word, Excel, Powerpoint and Adobe
GTA will provide you with Personal Protective Equipment, which includes High Visibility Vest, Hard Hat, Gloves, and Safety Glasses. Compensation is paid on an hourly basis. Overtime is paid at 1.5 times the hourly rate. Your time is measured from the time you arrive at the office in the morning to the time you leave the office in the evening, excluding any time for lunch. Travel mileage is reimbursed at the IRS rate (currently $0.58 per mile) for travel from office to job site and back to office. GTA OFFERS A COMPREHENSIVE BENEFITS PLAN TOO!
PLEASE NOTE: This position may require standing for extended durations as well as repetitive motions such as lifting or hammering. The employee must have the ability to use their hands to handle, finger or feel; reach, climb or balance; crouch, stoop, crawl, kneel and sit, see and smell; including close, distance and peripheral vision, depth vision and ability to focus. The employee will regularly lift and/or move 60 pounds; and occasionally move 80 pounds or more (such as a loaded wheelbarrow of concrete or soil samples).
We ensure nondiscrimination and equal employment opportunity in all programs and activities in accordance with Title VI of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, and all revisions and addendums thereof.
About the company