- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
- Grand Rapids
Today, with our current team members, we have the strength to help you grow in any career direction you want, whether in our stores, distribution centers, manufacturing facilities or our Midwest corporate offices. It's your future, maybe it starts with Meijer.
Please review the job profile below and apply today!
Finance project specialist performs and applies industry best practices as well as internal standards to ensure business requirements and compliance are met. Focus on innovation, process simplification, cost containment and impact on corporate systems..
What You’ll be Doing:
- End to End Project Management; needs assessment, gap analysis, create project deliverables, establish project milestones, successfully deliver new system/process to business area.
- Responsible for financial controls, and oversight of project resources; financial and staff.
- Conducts internal and external interviews of stakeholders, software and implementation vendors participating in RFPs.
- Maintains integrity of the system design to limit customization.
- Will exercise independent discretion and judgment with sole responsibility for decision making.
- Evaluates impact to financial systems; provides recommendations for process controls, implementation.
- Conducts financial analysis, feasibility studies and cost/benefits to support business initiatives or changing objectives.
- Outlines and conducts unit testing; problem resolution.
- Responsible for system configuration, account and process mapping.
- Support compliance system changes and system updates/enhancements for payroll and other finance projects/areas.
- Provides support, performs testing and guides programming changes for system upgrades/modification and other finance related projects.
- Identifies, Leads and Implements continuous process improvements and projects
- Lead payroll and other finance projects from the documentation of business requirements through to testing and implementation of new process. Develop roll-out plans and coordinate with appropriate cross-functional business partners.
- Assist in development of the payroll and finance area road maps and functional vision to improve business process in environment of accelerated store growth.
- Determines feasibility of potential systems modifications and changes. Develops best strategy for these changes and ensures they are installed to specifications.
What You Bring with You (Qualifications):
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance.
- 5+ years of experience in accounting, finance, statistics.
- SaFe Agile or other related project management experience.
- Knowledge of project management techniques is required (cross-functional experience is highly desirable).
- Strong analytical, problem-solving and conceptual skills.
- Ability to effectively adapt to rapidly changing technology and apply it to business needs.
- Experience with an HR/Payroll system of record. (Workday experience preferred).
About the company