- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
At BHP we support our people to grow, learn, develop their skills and reach their potential.With a global portfolio of operations, we offer a diverse and inclusive environment with extraordinary career opportunities. Our strategy is to focus on creating a safe work environment where our employees feel strongly connected to our values and objectives, and where the capability of our people is key to our success.Come and be a part of this success.
About the role
Plan logistics and field geoscience operations and safely execute projects on time and to budget. Role requires a deep understanding of the planning and execution of field exploration activities, project management principles, developing functional relationships with external suppliers and contractors and a demonstrated effectiveness in the fields of planning, logistics, equipment procurement and infrastructure establishment. Regular interaction with Exploration functional expertise in the fields of asset protection, aviation, drilling and travel safety is required to ensure operational discipline and equipment compliance.
This position is a grade 9 role.
In this role you will:
- Developing and executing the Field Operational Plan, developing and executing Contractor Management Plans
- Day-to-day supervision of operations personnel and contractors
- Drawing from experience in other field operations across a wide range operating environments, provide input into risk assessments and the identification of material operational risks and mitigations
- Assist with Operations planning to support field activity in the region
- Participate, where appropriate, in the identification, selection and alignment of contractors identified in operations plans, working closely with project geoscientists
- Support Superintendent Operations by driving and verifying a very high level of Operating Discipline in Operations according to the Field Operations Plan and the Exploration Management System. This may include the supervision of contractors and monitoring their performance against contractual obligations and HSE requirements
- Responsible for logistics including the procurement and deployment of equipment and consumables to support field operations as specified in operations plans, including the supervision of any contractors retained to provide such services
- Responsible for the provision of fit for purpose field accommodation and catering as specified in operations plans, including the supervision of any contractors retained to provide such services.
- Assume role accountabilities for camp manager/operations leader if and when appointed
- Responsible for fleet management including maintenance of vehicles and other critical equipment, including the supervision of any suppliers retained to provide such equipment
- When designated, supervise field related tasks as specified in operations plans, supervision of surveys, sampling programs, drill core management, sample preparation and dispatch, site and access preparation, interaction with local land owners and communities and rehabilitation
- Support regional emergency evacuation activities by fulfilling designated roles in project Field Response Plans (FRP) and Incident Management Plans (IMP)
- Degree level or equivalent experience in Logisitics/Operations related discipline is preferable but not critical
- Demonstrated experience leading a team
- Visible safety leadership and sound risk assessment and management
- Experience interacting with key internal and external stakeholders
- Establishing and leading remote workforces
- Performance management, including measurement, tracking and reporting of operations project delivery and results
About the company
BHP Billiton is the world's largest mining company. Its origin comes from the merger (2001) of the Australian company Broken Hill Proprietary (BHP) and the British company Billiton.