- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
- Los Angeles
Los Angeles, California \r\n \r\n Content \r\n Post Production \r\n \r\n Specialist, VFX Infrastructure, Technology & Operations \r\n Netflix is the world's leading internet entertainment service with over 148 million paid memberships in over 190 countries enjoying TV series, documentaries and feature films across a wide variety of genres and languages. Members can watch as much as they want, anytime, anywhere, on any internet-connected screen. Members can play, pause and resume watching, all without commercials or commitments.
As a VFX Specialist, you will be responsible for providing direct support to our Sr. VFX Manager for all areas under VFX Infrastructure, Technology & Operations (VITO). You will serve as a liaison between the VITO team and overall VFX team, assist in supporting various ongoing and upcoming VITO initiatives while working toward maintaining alignment with cross-functional teams.
To be successful in the opportunity, you’ll need to have a deep understanding of the overall VFX process, a passion for creating robust tools and efficient workflows at scale and bring innovation to improve internal infrastructure.
- Help to create and foster alignment between cross-vertical VFX teams to increase adoption of new departmental workflows, tools and best practices.
- Work with Netflix Project Managers , Solution Developers and cross functional stakeholders to provide support and maintain alignment for VFX needs.
- Drive innovation with the Engineering teams to ensure all vfx needs are being met.
- Communicate with the VFX team and keep them abreast of progress on VITO related initiatives.
- Champion evolving technologies and determine how to incorporate these efforts into both internal team and external production workflows
- Manage and assist in the creation of departmental roadmaps and documentation \r\n Working in close collaboration with the VITO Sr. Manager to: \r\n
- Structure and maintain internal airtable database
- Maintaining on-boarding best practices for both full-time employees and contractors
- Maintain VITO related documentation and best practices
- Maintain flexibility and openness to take on additional projects as necessary or assigned \r\n Additional Responsibilities: \r\n
- 5+ years of experience in motion picture visual effects and/or animation production.
- Experience with Google Suite, Airtable, Shotgun/RV, Cinesync and Filemaker a plus.
- Understanding of current VFX creation and delivery workflows/tools and how technology is used (and could be used in future) to facilitate best practices.
- The communication skills to clearly articulate and document technical processes. \r\n Qualifications: \r\n
- Ability to learn new technologies quickly and with minimal guidance.
- Thrives on technical challenges and takes pride in solving them.
- Strategic thinking both technically and business-wise.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Proven ability to work independently with minimal supervision; must be a self-motivated self-starter that can initiate ideas.
- Strong ability to dive into the unknown and create clarity amid chaos.
- Experience with supporting people remotely.
- Flexible amid an ever-changing and growing environment. \r\n About you: \r\n
About the company
Netflix is an American provider of on-demand Internet streaming media available to viewers in all of Australia, New Zealand, South America, Japan, North America and parts of Europe (Denmark, France, Germany, The Netherlands, Norway, Sweden, Finland, Switzerland, Austria, Belgium, Luxembourg, Ireland and United Kingdom), and of flat rate DVD-by-mail in the United States, where mailed DVDs and Blu-ray are sent via Permit Reply Mail. The company was established in 1997 and is headquartered in Los Gatos, California. It started its subscription-based service in 1999. By 2009, Netflix was offering a collection of 100,000 titles on DVD and had surpassed 10 million subscribers.