- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
Job TitleSpeech Language Pathologist/UKHCRequisition NumberRE23051Working TitleSpeech Language PathologistDepartment NameH3370:SpeechWork LocationLexington, KYGrade Level12Salary Range$61,630-100,485/yearType of PositionStaffPosition Time Status Full-TimeRequired EducationMS Speech Pathology
Click here for more information about equivalencies:http://www.uky.edu/hr/employment/working-uk/equivalenciesRequired Related Experience1 yr
Required License/Registration/CertificationKentucky SLP License and Registration, CCC eligible
Physical RequirementsThis position requires regularly standing or walking with objects weighing up to 10 pounds; intermittently lifting, pushing, and/or pulling objects weighing up to 50 pounds; standing or walking with objects weighing up to 25 pounds; and sitting at a computer workstation for extended periods of time; occasionally lifting, pushing, and/or pulling objects weighing over 50 pounds; and performing tasks with repetitive motions. Also involves some exposure to risk of injury from moving, lifting, or positioning patients, equipment, or materials; working in confined spaces; and exposure to loud noises, hazardous chemicals and fumes including waste, radiation, cuts/punctures, blood-borne/airborne pathogens, recombinant DNA or viral vectors, and combative/violent people.
ShiftPrimarily day shift, Monday through Friday, with additional hours including evenings, weekends, and holidays required.
Job SummaryThe Speech Language Pathologist will provide consultation, assessment, evaluation, and treatment to patients within UK Hospital areas. This individual will provide excellent customer service to patients, families, providers, and co-workers (internal and external) by using professional courtesy.
This position will also assist the managerial staff in assessing resources and work to improve processes to redistribute or enhance resources
Skills / Knowledge / AbilitiesExcellent communication skills, attention to detail, and excellent customer service skills.
Does this position have supervisory responsibilities? NoPreferred Education/ExperienceASHA clinical fellowship or certificate of clinical competence preferred..
Deadline to Apply05/24/2020University Community of InclusionThe University of Kentucky is committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce by ensuring all our students, faculty, and staff work in an environment of openness and acceptance. We strive to foster a community where people of all backgrounds, identities, and perspectives can feel secure and welcome. We also value the well-being of each of our employees and are dedicated to creating a healthy place to work, learn and live. In the interest of maintaining a safe and healthy environment for our students, employees, patients and visitors the University of Kentucky is a Tobacco & Drug Free campus.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we strongly encourage veterans, individuals with disabilities, women, and all minorities to consider our employment opportunities.
Any candidate offered a position may be required to pass pre-employment screenings as mandated by University of Kentucky Human Resources. These screenings may include a national background check and/or drug screen.
Posting Specific QuestionsRequired fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- Do you currently hold, or are eligible for, a Certificate of Clinical Competence (CCC) from the American Speech Language Hearing Association?
- Do you hold an active Kentucky SLP License and registration, or are you eligible to obtain these prior to your start date?
- Please choose the answer that best describes your years of paid, full-time employment experience in a healthcare setting.
- More than 0, up through 1 year
- More than 1 year, up through 3 years
- More than 3 years, up through 5 years
- More than 5 years
- * University of Kentucky HealthCare seeks to attract, develop and retain highly skilled and competent employees, to provide the best experience for every patient, every time. If selected for a position, do you agree to abide by the UK HealthCare Values of diversity, innovation, respect, compassion, and teamwork?
- * University of Kentucky HealthCare recognizes a set of values that guide us in our daily interactions. By applying for a position within UK Healthcare, you are indicating your commitment and expressing your agreement to our five values. These values are diversity, innovation, respect, compassion, and teamwork. Please choose one of the UK Healthcare values and give a specific example when you exhibited this quality in your professional experience. (Open Ended Question)
- * Where did you first see this position advertised?
- UK Jobs Website
- Employee Referral
- Print Advertisement
- Job Fair
- Diverse Issues in Higher Education
- Other On-line/Media Advertisement
- A Colleague, Friend, and/or Family member
- None of the above
Applicant DocumentsRequired Documents
- Cover Letter
About the company