- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
DescriptionThe Georgia International Law Enforcement Exchange(GILEE) at the Andrew Young School of Policy Studies is looking for a careerservice professional with significant law enforcement executive experience orsignificant executive experience in NGO work, to join our office as an AssociateDirector of GILEE. Our new team member should have a genuine interest in lawenforcement leadership development, law enforcement organizational enhancement,professional service to the community, international programs, private-publicpartnerships and public affairs overall. It is intended for the AssociateDirector to replace the Founding Director upon the latter’s stepping down fromthat position.
It is imperative foran effective succession plan to bring on board a future director who can leadGILEE into additional organizational growth. This would require a dedicated successor who could focus his/her full attentionon a larger scope of activities including intensive external developmentefforts (fundraising), training programs, and conferences, as well as thematic collaborativeefforts within GSU. The model envisioned for future GILEE leadershipis of a seasoned law enforcement leader with significant and proven executiveexperience who could engage in relationship building, in program execution andin development efforts. GILEE will also consider a seasoned executive withorganizational and development skills from a civic NGO.
The Associate Director will:
- Work with the Founding Director to develop afundraising strategy for GILEE. Actively engage in development efforts with the end goal of solely taking on all fundraising activities for the department.
- Work with the Founding Director to set overall goals and priorities for GILEE, integrate these priorities into annual work plans, and align GILEE resources with its vision, mission, goals and objectives.
- Provide day-to-day direction and management of GILEE activities, focusing on developing and building its leadership development training program, international exchanges, special briefings and conference planning.
- Enhance GILEE’s engagement, outreach and programmaticactivities.
- Supervise the marketing and promotion ofGILEE activities through its website, traditional media, and other means.
- Assist the Founding Director and AssistantDirector with managing and building collaborative relationships with GSUdepartment and programs to promote GILEE’s objectives.
- Develop and cultivate strategic partnershipswith key stakeholders as well as with state, regional, national, andinternational organizations in the field in order to promote quality trainingand capacity of GILEE to build connections for resource developmentopportunities.
- Oversee the development and implementation ofconferences, programs, forums, on-line dialogues.
- Represent GILEE and interact with donors, thegeneral public, GILEE alumni, elected officials, GSU faculty and leaders,vendors, media and various GILEE partners.
- Demonstrate high level of integrity andreliability.
- Project management (from concept to production).
- Attention to details and accuracy.
- Strong organizational and management skills.
- Travel in Georgia, the US and internationally.
- Represent the Founding Director in meetings as needed.
- Program has an uncompromising level of expectation.
- High degree of independence, decision-making responsibility, exceptional customer service.
- Other duties as assigned.
QualificationsBachelor's degree and four years of supervisory/management experience; or a combination of education and related experience.
College/Business Unit12/06/19, 11:59:00 PM
College/Business Unit: Andrew Young School of Policy Studies
Location: Atlanta Campus
Job Posting: 11/07/19, 11:04:28 AM
- ms project