- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary $18,000.00 - $30,000.00 unpaid work
- San Francisco
In this role, you will shape Google's own digital advertising campaigns and use your feedback to invent the future of Google’s advertising products. You will have the unique opportunity to work on campaigns across a portfolio or products, be it a consumer product (like Search, hardware devices, Maps, or Chrome) or a business product (like AdWords or Google Cloud). You will lead innovation across new and established product campaigns across your region and act as a key connection point to other regions and our agency partners.
As a Sports Media Lead, you will contribute excellent technical skills and cross-channel media experience within sports media and marketing. In this role, you will create and execute breakthrough communications/media architectures and ideas that will elevate the Google brand and individual Google products across all channels. Your communications thinking will allow us to bring ideas to life by amplifying what we say and how we say it.
In this role, you will leverage existing relationships in the sports media and marketing industry and experience working with global brands in their sports sponsorships (e.g., NFL, NBA, MLB, World Cup, Olympics). You are also a strategic leader and change agent with an interested in client management, team management, and a healthy skepticism of traditional marketing. In this role, you will expand ideas beyond the norm.
Know the user. Know the magic. Connect the two. At its core, marketing at Google starts with technology and ends with the user, bringing both together in unconventional ways. Our job is to demonstrate how Google's products solve the world's problems--from the everyday to the epic, from the mundane to the monumental. And we approach marketing in a way that only Google can--changing the game, redefining the medium, making the user the priority, and ultimately, letting the technology speak for itself.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent practical experience.
- 10 years of experience in media planning at an agency, start-up, etc.
- 5 years of experience working with sports media programs at a sports or integrated agency.
- Experience in integrated media planning, leading and executing online and offline media channels.
- Experience of media markets beyond the US, a global outlook.
- Experience creating, managing, and executing custom integrations across offline and online channels.
- Track record of making innovation within the media space.
- Excellent communications planning skills.
- Partner with chief creative, brand strategy, product and business partners to come up with and execute big and innovative ideas with lasting impact to the Google brand.
- Manage our media agencies product, elevating their day-to-day work and inspiring them to innovate.
- Assume in-house leadership and expertise for sports sponsorships globally, identifying, cultivating and curating new sponsorship opportunities. Evaluate the cost and value of both media and non-media assets.
- Drive innovative partnership integrations across all channels (e.g., TV integrations, experiential executions, multi-platform sponsorships).
- Lead media strategy and execution across all channels for individual products, with accountability for driving business key performance indicators (KPIs).
About the company
Google is not a conventional company, and we don't intend to become one. True, we share attributes with the world's most successful organizations - a focus on innovation and smart business practices comes to mind - but even as we continue to grow, we're committed to retaining a small-company feel. At Google, we know that every employee has something important to say, and that every employee is integral to our success.
We provide individually-tailored compensation packages that can be comprised of competitive salary, bonus, and equity components, along with the opportunity to earn further financial bonuses and rewards. Googlers thrive in small, focused teams and high-energy environments, believe in the ability of technology to change the world, and are as passionate