- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
Title: SQL Server DBA
Description: STG is a SEI CMMi Level 5 company with several Fortune 500 and State Government clients.
STG has several openings for SQL Server DBA.
These positions are based in Dearborn, MI for a large Fortune 500 Automotive firm.
Please note that these project assignments are with our own direct clients.
We do not go through any vendors.
STG only does business with direct end-clients.
These positions are expected to be long term.
STG will provide immigration and permanent residency sponsorship assistance to those candidates who need it.
• Reviewing/resolving backup issues
• Installing/maintaining/upgrading SQL Server binaries/instances/databases
• Migrating database
• Database failovers/recoveries
• Supporting database structure changes and data changes for Application development/testing/deployment
• Supporting SQL Server mirrored databases and clustered environments.
• Enforcing IT policy and security requirements for database access and controls
• Performance tuning with application teams to isolate and resolve performance issues.
• Working with a wide variety of customers that have varying skills and a diverse set of needs
• Working with ticketing systems that coordinate incoming incidents and customer requests
• Working with other infrastructure support teams (O/S admins, web server admins, network admins, etc.)
• Working with change control and ticketing systems to coordinate changes with other infrastructure teams
Required Skills (Must Have):
• 5+ years of recent SQL Server DBA experience which includes SQL Server 2012.
• Able to demonstrate strong technical skills in the use of the components of SQL Server and troubleshooting of SQL Server issues.
• Solid team player with good communication and writing skills.
• Able to work well with all types of customers.
• A bachelor's degree in an IT field related to database administration
Additional Skills (Nice to Have):
• Experience with Microsoft System Center Operations Manager (SCOM).
• Knowledge and experience with TDP and TSM.
• Writing, testing and maintaining T-SQL and stored procedures as they relate to DBA support.
• Writing, testing and maintaining SSIS packages .Windows administrator knowledge and experience with 64 bit environments.
• Experience with SSRS, SSAS and Power Shell.
• Writing, testing and maintaining Windows scripts.
• Knowledge of SQL Server 2014 features.
***NO THIRD PARTY CANDIDATES
Resume Submittal Instructions: Interested/qualified candidates should email their word formatted resumes to Ms.
Sharmli Somaskandan at and /or contact at . In the subject line of the email please include: First and Last Name
- SQL Server DBA (MI).
Corporate Overview of STG: Established in 1985, Systems Technology Group (STG) is a fast growing IT consulting and systems integration services firm.
STG is a SEI CMMi Level 5 company with expertise in Application Development, Application Management, Web Services (SOA), Data Warehouse, Business Intelligence / Analytics, Wireless Solutions, Legacy migrations and Project Management.
STG is proud that clients like Ford Motor Company, Sears Corporation, Chrysler, LLC, Mercedes Benz, United Health, General Motors, State of Texas, State of Michigan, State of Minnesota, State of Georgia, and others trust their IT services needs to STG.
STG has offices in North America, Europe and India to service our clients global IT needs.
- provided by DicePandoLogic.
Keywords: Database Administrator (DBA), Location: Dearborn, MI