- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
Solid reputation, passionate people and endless opportunities.
Our superior financial strength and consistent record of strong operating returns mean security for our customers
- and opportunities for our employees.
You will find Travelers to be full of energy and a workplace in which you truly can make a difference.
Administrative Assistant role is critical to providing complex administrative support to senior management.
The role performs a wide variety of tasks related to organization, communication, facilitation and scheduling.
Primary Job Duties & Responsibilities
- Handles complex administrative assignments of a broad and varied nature to relieve senior management of routine administrative details.
- Exercises considerable discretion and independent judgment in facilitating overall department operations.
- Directs the activities of other support staff as necessary.
- Coordinates inter-departmental or department-wide administrative projects, such as broad communications, overseeing internal/external services purchased, developing and implementing department/business unit guidelines for operating policies and procedures.
- Complex scheduling; typically involves internal, external, and department-wide scheduling.
- Full responsibility for department-wide event and travel planning.
- Prepares and submits expense accounts and other type expenses.
- Manages and tracks/reports actual expenses versus budget for sr managements area of responsibility, develops or upgrades budget system.
- Regularly interacts with internal and external executives, community leaders, shareholders, etc.
- Initiates follow-up actions as needed.
- Calls for moderate to advanced conflict resolution skills via phone and, occasionally, in person.
- Initiates, develops, and makes decisions regarding office practices/procedures within authority level.
- Calls for frequent problem solving with internal and external staff.
- Utilizes basic change management skills.
Perform other duties as assigned.
High school degree or equivalent required.
Minimum of 3 years of related work experience required.
Education, Work Experience & Knowledge
Minimum of 5 years of related work experience preferred.
Job Specific & Technical Skills & Competencies
Advanced skill level required for software applications, including advanced database queries, complicated Excel spreadsheets (i.e., vlookup).
Utilizes multiple software packages to prepare highly confidential correspondence and complex documents.
Independently designs advanced spreadsheets, graphics, presentations, and database applications.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Travelers is an equal opportunity employer.