- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
- South San Francisco
Sr. Administrative Associate to the Internal Communications and Science Communications teams.
The Senior Administrative Associate will be responsible for providing diverse and high quality administrative support to the Internal Communications and Science Communications teams by anticipating, determining, and fulfilling leader and team needs in a proactive, well-organized and customer-oriented manner.
This position is an intense, fast-paced role within two unique and influential teams.
Support to Internal Communications & Science Communications Teams
* Accountable for actively managing two cost center budgets with high transaction volume; work includes processing contracts, purchase orders, payment requests and follow up to ensure vendors have been paid; also responsible for proactive budget monitoring and driving team compliance.
* Calendar support with the ability to make independent decisions regarding priorities to reduce conflicts and accommodate high priority commitments.
* Lead support for Media Relations line and media call log
* Back up phones for assigned Directors.
* Facilitate communications with a broad range of internal and external customers. This includes Roche Corporate Executive Committee, Genentech Executive Committee, journalists, agencies/vendors, etc. Operating at all times with the corporate reputation in mind.
* Meeting support including but not limited to agenda coordination, meeting minutes, gCal invites, RSVP management, order catering, room set up/clean up, teleconference support, telepresence support, presentation support, Google Hangout, etc.
* Travel support including booking trips, travel packets, arranging car services and meeting/conference registration.
* Act as a hub for general requests involving the team members based on administrative support matrix.
* Coordination of candidates. Schedule interviews, book travel, escort guests, create interview packets and schedule feedback meetings.
* Expense report preparation and submission.
* Onboarding for new hires/transfers, order equipment, office phones, supplies and work with management on space assignment.
* Provide timely, accurate, and effective support to Directors and teams by contributing to organizational and corporate goals.
* Proactively identify administrative or operational inefficiencies for department and create practical solutions.
* Back up to Management Associate for final press release process, which includes; read through release with management, upload press release to Business Wire, Gene.com, Mailchimp, Twitter.
* Department point of contact for all facility needs (i.e. janitors, HVAC, coffee service, engineering, plants, first aid, copy service, etc.)
* Manage office inventories (i.e. office supplies, beverage service, shredding, parcel supplies & mail sorting as determined by schedule).
* Must be able to work set office hours, as determined by management, Monday – Friday.
Special Duties and Projects
* Coordinate event planning and implementation of events based on annual plan.
* Fulfill gala requests for logos or ads.
* Manage Genentech presence at key local events, including drafting email invitations, calendaring events, and managing attendance.
* Act as the lead on new systems, processes or compliance.
* Comply with all laws, regulations and policies that govern the conduct of Genentech activities.
* Participate in, plan, coordinate and prioritize work within or across departments by providing project leadership, direction, training and assistance to others.
Who are you:
* Minimum 3 years as a Sr. Administrative Professional that includes at least 2 years supporting a Director and/or Senior Managers.
* BA/BS degree preferred or equivalent industry experience.
To be successful, the individual in this role must have:
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
A track record of building and maintaining constructive relationships with leadership, internal business partners and colleagues
Strong attention-to-detail and organizational skills
* The ability to manage highly sensitive situations and confidential information with complete discretion.
* High proficiency in computer software (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, email) is essential.
* Proactive, self-motivated, flexible, and able to manage conflicting and changing priorities as well as perform in a team environment with minimal supervision.
* Knowledge of Genentech business,
About the company
Roche is a Swiss global health-care company that operates worldwide under two divisions: Pharmaceuticals and Diagnostics. Its holding company, Roche Holding AG, has bearer shares listed on the SIX Swiss Exchange.
The company headquarters are located in Basel and the company has many pharmaceutical and diagnostic sites around the world – including: Tucson, AZ; Pleasanton, CA; Vacaville, California, Oceanside, California, Branchburg, NJ; Indianapolis, Indiana; Florence, South Carolina; and Ponce, Puerto Rico in the US; Welwyn Garden City and Burgess Hill in the UK; Clarecastle in Ireland; Mannheim and Penzberg in Germany; Mississauga and Laval in Canada; Shanghai in China; Mumbai & Hyderabad in India; São Paulo and Rio de Janeiro, Brazil; Segrate, Milan in Italy; Johannesburg in South Africa; Karachi, Islamabad and Lahore in Pakistan. There are 26 manufacturing sites worldwide.