- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
Apply now »
Sr. Analyst - Trade Compliance
LOCATION: Chicago, IL, US
JOB CATEGORY: Commercial
REQUISITION NUMBER: 196900
A mutually rewarding experience.
Work. Realize your ambitions. And realize there’s more to being in business than just making a profit. That’s the Mars philosophy. And the opportunity we offer every one of our Associates. An opportunity to take what you do and make it mean more for you, for those around you and for the planet. What you get here is challenging, interesting work. You get the tools you need to do a great job and you get to have the best possible people on your side to help you do it. And at the same time as getting to find ways to do business better today than we did it yesterday and driving a great career, you also get to build a more enlightened business and drive sustainability.
Because it’s never just about a single person, a single project or a single brand. It’s about how you can grab everything that’s within your reach here and use it to pursue mutual, long-term gain. It’s about having ideas. And ideals. Being prepared to risk failure because the promise of success means we’ll all be a little better off. It’s that mix of integrity and ambition that makes Mars such a special place to work. And why working here is always about more than just a job.
About Mars, Incorporated
Mars is a family-owned business with more than a century of history making diverse products and offering services for people and the pets people love. With almost $35 billion in sales, the company is a global business that produces some of the world’s best-loved brands: M&M’s®, SNICKERS®, TWIX®, MILKY WAY®, DOVE®, PEDIGREE®, ROYAL CANIN®, WHISKAS®, EXTRA®, ORBIT®, 5™, SKITTLES®, UNCLE BEN’S®, MARS DRINKS and COCOAVIA®. Mars also provides veterinary health services that include BANFIELD® Pet Hospitals, Blue Pearl®, VCA® and Pet Partners™. Headquartered in McLean, VA, Mars operates in more than 80 countries. The Mars Five Principles – Quality, Responsibility, Mutuality, Efficiency and Freedom – inspire its more than 100,000 Associates to create value for all its partners and deliver growth they are proud of every day.
March 15, 2016
REPORTS TO JOB TITLE
Sr. Manager Trade & Customs Compliance
Trade Compliance Sr. Analyst
NUMBER DIRECT REPORTS
FUNCTION, FAMILY, LEVEL
The incumbent is expected to be an interface between freight forwarders, Government agencies, customs brokers and Mars affiliates in regards to trade compliance. This person will be responsible for the following key areas: Expert knowledge of, & ability to apply laws and regulations related to trade compliance business activity in the Americas; must be proficient working with, and the requirements of, trade authorities globally; must be proficient working with compliance software and SAP; audits of import and export documentation, recordkeeping, and classification of internationally shipped goods.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES (each item should account for 10% or more)
Execute Compliance Activities
• Execute Mars import/export compliance program - activities may include, but are not limited to, creation and implementation of programs to comply with customs regulations across US, CA, MX, valuation reviews, assist tracking, CTPAT, and roll-out and training of associates on new trade policies.
• Ensure continuous improvement and execution of day-day compliance activities
• Manage relationship with customs brokers and freight forwarders. Act as primary business stakeholder and collaborate with C@MTT on brokerage sourcing initiatives.
• Perform audits of Free Trade Agreement forms to ensure compliance with FTA programs including but not limited to NAFTA, Korea, Chile, CAFTA, and US-Australia Free Trade Agreement. Ensure eligibility and record retention requirements are met. May generate FTA certificates.
• Communicate new requirements to Mars associates via training, newsletters, and SOP creation
• Utilize Trade Compliance Software to perform audits of import/export entries, and where software may not be utilized, complete manual audits of import/export requirements, developing .xls tools where needed.
• Monitor procedures used by other Mars
About the company
Mars is an American global manufacturer of confectionery, pet food, and other food products and a provider of animal care services, with US$33 billion in annual sales in 2015,and is ranked as the 6th largest privately held company in the United States