- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
Sr. Associate, Disaster Recovery
Operations & Technology
NBCUniversal (NBCU) seeks an accomplished professional who has demonstrated expertise related to resiliency in the area of disaster recovery. Reporting to the Director – GRC Disaster Recovery, within the Governance, Compliance & Compliance organization, the optimal candidate will possess relevant experience from a mid to large size Information Technology organization. This position will assist the team with executing the Application Disaster Recovery Program with the global business technology groups including Infrastructure, Enterprise Applications and Operations & Technical Services. This enables the GRC Organization to fulfill its service continuity responsibilities. The role acts as the function s primary liaison with application ownership, business assurance information security officers as well as work with multiple technology and infrastructure team.
The position will collaboratively support a risk based disaster recovery plan and strategy; assists GRC DR and company management by assessing disaster recovery risks, processes and controls. It will also support the development of periodic technical exercises and contribute to the business impact analysis of critical NBCU assets.
· Assist Director – Disaster Recovery in enabling GRC to stay abreast of current and emerging resiliency risks that could impact NBCU, including current or proposed business continuity/disaster recovery compliance frameworks and regulations such as, but not limited to ISO, NIST, FFIEC & NFPA
· Support businesses and application owners in the determination and documentation of continuity requirements, e. g., recovery time and recovery point objectives (RTO/RPO)
· Contribute to the design, development and review of technology group disaster recovery plans to ensure completeness and accuracy and, to challenge business relevance and technical content.
· Provide oversight for the completion of documentation and exercises/tests, including monitoring and facilitating the exercise of test plans, coordination of business and technology participation in exercises.
· Partner with application owners to actively pursue the mitigation of gaps identified through the evaluation, assessment, or exercise of the disaster recovery program. This may include policy or methodology changes, process adjustments, or risk acceptance or avoidance options.
· Gather, analyze, and report disaster recovery application status, metrics and KPI s to management.
· Develop and conduct training and awareness activities towards IT process and technology owners in their responsibilities regarding disaster recovery.
· Support effective working relationships with business continuity and incident teams to increase effectiveness of disaster recovery and business resilience.
· Interact with the Infrastructure organization to ensure recovery capability can support the current application recovery expectations outlined in the application recovery plans
• 7 or more years diversified technical experience with large scale information technology systems, development of recovery plans and testing of those systems
• Deep understanding of enterprise resiliency strategy and governance concepts
• Demonstrated experience in disaster recovery across various IT platforms, web, middleware, storage, cloud services, database, operating systems and social media
• Strong communication skills with individuals and management at different levels
• Project management and change management experience
• Knowledge of general information security concepts and methods
• Deep appreciation for various regulatory frameworks as they relate to business continuity & disaster recovery.
• A Bachelor's degree or equivalent as well as one or more relevant business continuity certifications
At NBCUniversal, we believe in the talent of our people. It’s our passion and commitment to excellence that drives NBCU’s vast portfolio of brands to succeed. From broadcast and cable networks, news and sports platforms, to film, world-renowned theme parks and a diverse suite of digital properties, we take pride in all that we do and all that we represent. It’s what makes us uniquely NBCU. Here you can create the extraordinary. Join
About the company
NBCUniversal is where opportunities are found and careers are made. From the front lines to the top executive roles, we make it easy for potential candidates to explore opportunities and find the right fit with our team.