- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
Bachelors in science , engineering or equivalent
• Gather requirements from the Business Analyst to understand the project, skill sets required.
• Analyze time required on the assignment and the # of resources to be deployed based on an initial estimation as created by the Test Analyst.
• Gather review inputs on resourcing and estimation from test manager.
• Create case studies to highlight experience / credentials which feed into the proposals.
Knowledge Transition and Technical Guidance:
• Understand the highlevel requirements through review of documents (eg Component Design Document/ Requirements document).
• Document the understanding as part of the reverse KT.
• Seek signoff from the client.
• Partner with the Business Analyst to provide suggestions on the requirements to drive clarity based on experience in earlier projects.
• Update/Review KT documents created by Test Analyst.
• Seek review of updated documents from relevant stakeholders.
• Understand the critical business flow in terms of resource load, volume of data etc.
• Conduct feasibility study to identify tools /methodologies /frameworks to meet the client's requirements.
• Design estimates based on the analysis of the requirements and inputs from the test analyst.
Test Requirements Study:
• Understand and analyze the requirements (through review of requirement document) to identify the testable requirements.
• Prioritize the requirements based on the time required.
• Review/create the requirement traceability matrix.
• Create requirement query tracker (or clarification document) to track any clarification.
• Identify gaps in the requirements and take actions to close the same.
• Prepare highlevel flow documents.
• Organize and drive the requirement walkthrough session.
• Prepare/Review the flow diagrams.
• Reach out to Technology team if required.
• Seek clarification on the requirements from the customer.
• Perform Proof of concepts or evaluate different tools if required.
Test Strategy & Test Planning:
• Provide inputs to the test lead to create test strategy (that includes release date, types of testing, scope of the project, detail explanation of particular release, RAID Risk, Assumptions, Issues and Dependencies etc).
• Gather inputs from the client (eg Types of testing, Development teams, Client managers etc).
• Prepare test plan covering timelines, resource (Man /Machine) deployment (How it will be tested).
• Seek signoff on the test plan.
• Identify specific entry and exit criteria.
• Provide Test Environment Requests.
• Identify need for test automation along with Test Lead.
Test Design & Test Development:
• Identify the test scenarios based on the understanding of systems, interfaces and application.
• Identify end to end business critical scenarios.
• Create/Review the test scenarios (created by the Test Analyst) and RTM.
• Design estimates (time /effort) based on the requirements analysis.
• In case of critical technology, create test scripts and seek review inputs from the test lead.
• Identify and validate test scenarios for automation.
• Create automation test scripts.
• Share created test scripts with test lead for review.
• Conduct pilot automation test run to validate the test scripts.
• Validate the test environment set up.
• Participate in customer review meetings and seek sign off by customer on the review comments.
• Based on the changes in the requirement, identify regression scenario and the impacted areas on need basis.
• If required, provide Test Case walkthrough and seek customer sign off inclusive of Prioritization of Test cases, Optimization options.
Test Execution & Closure:
• Test the defect and update the status, if required.
• Conduct root cause analysis of the defects logged.
• Prepare Test summary Report and share the same for review/ Review the test results/test reports submitted by the test analyst.
• Capture lessons learnt and the best practices adopted.
• Identify the time and cost saving made due to the best practices adopted.
• If requested, participate in release management to share impact of production dates.
• Periodically generate metrics based on the audience.
• Review metrics to identify areas for process optimization.
• Conduct dry run/smoke testing to ensure scripts readiness.
• Execute the scripts.
• Monitor appropriate server
About the company
Cognizant (NASDAQ: CTSH) is a leading provider of information technology, consulting, and business process outsourcing services, dedicated to helping the world's leading companies build stronger businesses. Headquartered in Teaneck, New Jersey (U.S.), Cognizant combines a passion for client satisfaction, technology innovation, deep industry and business process expertise, and a global, collaborative workforce that embodies the future of work. With over 100 development and delivery centers worldwide and approximately 221,700 employees as of December 31, 2015, Cognizant is a member of the NASDAQ-100, the S&P 500, the Forbes Global 2000, and the Fortune 500 and is ranked among the top performing and fastest growing companies in the world. Visit us online at www.cognizant.com or follow us on Twitter: Cognizant.