- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
- Beverly Hills
Sr. BI Engineer
Filmed Entertainment Group
As our Business Intelligence Engineer, you’ll use your passion for technology to create and maintain the large-scale BI platforms and solutions used to power the day-to-day decisions and operations of Fandango’s business teams. You are the one who thrives on translating complex data sets into intuitive actionable feedback, and love to drive the adoption of BI solutions to cultivate a data driven culture.
Drive and participate in the definition, the direction, and the development of the BI Platform.
Design, develop and deploy data and machine learning pipelines.
Develop, maintain, update and support BI Products and their underlying datasets based on feedback and business changes.
Drive and contribute to every phase of the report development life cycle (design, development, testing, iteration, deployment).
Work with business owners, analysts, product managers, and data engineers to implement visual, actionable reports that meet quality and performance requirements.
Recognize and implement best practices in reporting: data integrity, test design, analysis, validation, and documentation.
Educate and train business owners on BI intelligence tools and reports.
Support internal stakeholders with ad-hoc requests and reports.
Develop and drive the adoption of self-service BI tools and solutions. Find opportunities to innovate and lead the way.
• 3+ years of relevant experience in the Business Intelligence realm, including data warehousing and business intelligence tools, techniques, and related technologies.
• Strong experience with designing and developing ETL jobs using Talend to bring in new datasets as well as transform existing data sources.
• Strong experience with data modeling in Relational & Multi-dimensional Databases. Strong understanding of data warehousing concepts.
• Excellent knowledge and expertise with SQL and developing SQL-based ETL processes for large-scale, complex datasets.
• Experience developing reports, charts, dashboards in a major BI reporting technology (Tableau, Microstrategy, SSRS, etc.).
• Knowledge of Amazon Web Services (AWS) and Redshift in an enterprise environment is a plus.
• Proven track record working on distributed, scalable, service-oriented platforms. Proven ability to develop and deliver high quality, testable, production ready reports.
• Expert understanding of the agile software development life cycle.
• Experience with distributed data architectures and their eco-systems, namely Hadoop, Hive, Pig, Spark, EMR, etc.
• Strong customer service and communication skills (verbal and written) to effectively interact with a diverse team of people across business and engineering.
• Bachelor’s degree in computer science, a quantitative concentration or equivalent.
• Willingness and self-initiative to dig into technical concepts related to the Reporting Platform.
• Proactive in improving reporting, analysis, and BI development and deployment processes.
• Self-initiative to stay on top of the latest innovations in data and BI technologies to inform the features and functionality of the Reporting Platform.
At Fandango, we love movies. From showtimes and ticketing, to engaging content and innovations in movie going- we strive to deliver the perfect movie going experience—anytime, anywhere. And to be the go-to destination for moviegoers, we think it’s all about collaboration. Anyone can build a website or app, but it takes a special group across many disciplines to create an experience that can live across multiple platforms and connected devices. Thanks to an exceptional team, we’re working hard to make Fandango a little bit better every day. Our 30 million (and growing!) online and mobile monthly visitors can now buy movie tickets at over 25,000 screens nationwide and stay for exclusive trailers, our award-winning original video series, movie reviews, celebrity interviews and more. So, if you’re looking to inspire, be inspired and work at the intersection of entertainment and technology look no further than Fandango. Visit Fandango.com/careers for a behind-the-scenes look at Fandango and follow us on LinkedIn for the latest news and updates. Fandango is an NBCUniversal
About the company
NBCUniversal is where opportunities are found and careers are made. From the front lines to the top executive roles, we make it easy for potential candidates to explore opportunities and find the right fit with our team.