- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary $47,066.00 - $75,305.00 gross per year
- New Port Richey
Salary Disclosure/General Description
Starting Salary: $47,066.00
Pay Grade: P38
Current Pasco County Employees: Please refer to thePersonnel Policy and Procedure Manual for starting salary information.
Location: New Port Richey
General Description:Oversees thepurchase of materials, supplies, equipment, and services used by the County. Conducts formal bidding process. Administers service and supply contracts. Coordinates and supervises the work ofbuying staff-to include providing training, instruction, and guidance.
EMERGENCY RESPONSE/RECOVERY ACTIVITIES:All employees will be required to work before, during, or after an Emergency. During an Emergency employees may temporarily be assigned to work and perform duties outside the normal scope of their position, location and work schedule to fit the needs of the County and its citizens.
Essential Job Functions
- Supervises, assigns, schedules, and reviews the work of buyers.
- Creates detailed bid specifications for items on formal bids.
- Approves requisitions from various departments upon verification of bid or quote information.
- Conducts pre-bid conferences or walk-throughs. Performs issuance of agenda and bid openings. Recommends bid award and acceptance of project after completion.
- Obtains competitive pricing by sending out formal bids or quotes for goods and services.
- Works with end user to ensure their specific needs are met. Resolve conflict between vendor and department personnel.
- Develops good working relations between the purchasing department and end users, by explaining state statutes and county policy and procedures for obtaining goods and services.
- Establishes a good working relationship with vendors to ensure the department's needs are met in a timely and cost efficient manner.
- Assists department personnel with preparation of purchase requisitions for goods and services.
- Performs related work as required.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Ability to lead, mentor, and train staff.
- Exceptional knowledge of public-sector purchasing methods, procedures and techniques of specification writing.
- Exceptional knowledge of methods and techniques utilized in grading and analyzing the quality of supplies, materials, equipment and services.
- Exceptional knowledge of a variety of materials, supplies and equipment typically used throughout the County and the sources for such products.
- Exceptional knowledge of federal, state and local purchasing laws and procedures; contract law and contract administration.
- Certification as a Certified Professional Public Buyer (CPPB) and/or Certified Public Purchasing Officer (CPPO) is preferred.
PHYSICAL SKILLS: Ability to communicate effectively using verbal, written, and visual communication.
EDUCATION, TRAINING AND EXPERIENCE: Graduation from an accredited college or university, with a Bachelor's Degree in accounting, finance, business administration, or public administration withfour (4) years or more experience in government procurementOR a Master's Degree and two (2) years of experience. Two (2) years in a supervisory role. Measurable competence using Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel and Microsoft PowerPoint is required.
LICENSES, CERTIFICATIONS OR REGISTRATIONS: Must possess a valid driver's license.
ADA STATEMENT: A qualified employee or applicant with a disability may be afforded a reasonable accommodation to perform the essential job functions of a position in compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act.
DRUG-FREE WORKPLACE: Pasco County BOCC is a drug-free workplace in accordance with Federal and Florida law.
VETERANS' PREFERENCE: Under Section 295.07, F.S., Chapter 55A-7, Pasco County BCC provides to Veterans, that preference in appointment will be given to preference-eligible applicants.
- ms project