- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
Position TypePermanent Staff (SHRA)Is this an internal only recruitment?NoPosition TitleHuman Resources Consultant - AdvancedWorking TitleSr. Class & Comp ConsultantPosition Number00034998Vacancy IDP011092Budgeted Hiring Range$67,000-$73,000Pay Band InformationTo learn more about the pay band for this branch and role, please see the Career Banding rates spreadsheet.
Salary Grade EquivalentGN12Full-time/Part-time Permanent/Time-LimitedFull-Time PermanentIf time-limited, estimated duration of appointmentHours per week40Work Schedule8am – 5pm, Monday – Friday, or similar
Department Name and NumberOHR-Class and Comp-260103Date First Posted11/08/2019Closing Date11/18/2019Position LocationChapel Hill, NCPosition Posting CategoryHuman Resources Position Summary Information
Department DescriptionThe Classification & Compensation unit manages over 7500 positions and consults with colleagues University-wide on position classification, wage-hour issues, organizational design, pay strategies, and special pay practices and policies. We review and approve allowable pay actions, provide training and guidance on position management and compensation, and advocate for the University with external governing bodies.
Equal Opportunity EmployerThe University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, color, disability, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information, race, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, or status as a protected veteran.
Position DescriptionThis position will provide senior-level classification and compensation services to a dynamic client group, using broad decision-making authority in the areas of position classification, salary adjustment approvals, wage-hour designations, organizational design best practices, and special pay policy interpretation. The position will be visible in terms of training and representing the work unit on committees and special projects both within the team and with external groups. The incumbent will provide in-depth consultation to campus managers and departmental leadership, as well as to other HR staff representatives. The job will involve both teamwork and independent analytical projects.
Minimum Education and Experience RequirementsBachelor’s degree and two years of progressively responsible professional human resources management experience; or equivalent combination of training and experience. All degrees must be from appropriately accredited institutions.
Essential Skills, Knowledge and AbilitiesPrevious experience with job analysis; demonstrated knowledge of wage-hour laws and their application.
Preferred QualificationsRelated professional certification (SHRM-CP, PHR, CCP, etc.); experience leading training classes; experience with analyzing medical positions; previous experience in higher education and/or public sector HR.
Required Licenses/Certifications Special Physical and Mental RequirementsPosition/Schedule RequirementsPosition AttributesStimulus/ARRA FundedNoQuick Linkhttp://unc.peopleadmin.com/postings/172442 Contact Information
Office of Human Resources Contact InformationIf you experience any problems accessing the system or have questions about the application process, please contact the Office of Human Resources at (919) 843-2300 or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note: The Office of Human Resources will not be able to provide specific updates regarding position or application status.
Applicant DocumentsRequired Documents
- Curriculum Vitae / Resume
- Cover Letter
- List of References
Posting Supplemental QuestionsRequired fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * Please select the response below that best describes your experience/education for the Human Resources Consultant position.
- Bachelor's, Master's and/or Doctorate and 2 years of progressively responsible experience analyzing, interpreting, applying, communicating and promoting HR best practices
- Associate's and 4 years of progressively responsible experience analyzing, interpreting, applying, communicating and promoting HR best practices
- Combination of post-high school education and experience to equal 6 years of progressively responsible experience analyzing, interpreting, applying, communicating and promoting HR best practices (ex 1 year towards a degree and 5 years of experience)
- High School diploma/GED and 6 years of progressively responsible experience analyzing, interpreting, applying, communicating and promoting HR best practices
- Did not complete high school but have a combination of education and progressively responsible experience analyzing, interpreting, applying, communicating and promoting HR best practices to equal 10 years
- None of the above
- * Please briefly describe your job analysis experience. (Open Ended Question)
- * Do you have a working knowledge of wage-hour laws and their application?
- * Please list any professional HR certifications you currently hold. (Open Ended Question)
- * Please briefly describe your experience leading training classes. (Open Ended Question)
- human resources