- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
- Santa Clara
Abbott is a global healthcare leader that helps people live more fully at all stages of life. Our portfolio of life-changing technologies spans the spectrum of healthcare, with leading businesses and products in diagnostics, medical devices, nutritionals and branded generic medicines. Our 103,000 colleagues serve people in more than 160 countries.
Abbott is seeking a Sr. Clinical Analyst for their Medical Devices Division. This specific person would perform financial analysis for clinical trials globally across therapeutic areas. This person would also collect, summarize, consolidate and verify data from multiple sources for budget tracking, reporting and reconciliation. The job would also include facilitating interpretation and understanding of data; identifies issues, cost savings and adjustments. Also communicates information to clinical study management.
Responsible for compliance with applicable Corporate and Divisional Policies and procedures.
- Performs financial analysis incorporating actual/accrual dollars spent vs projected timelines.
- Updates financial information when significant changes occur.
- Gathers financial data routinely, or ad hoc as necessary, to provide reports to management.
- Works closely with the financial analyst to ensure the clinical data is transferred and interpreted accurately.
- Leads design of clinical trial financial modeling and trains others.
- May lead or consult with other departmental financial analyses and/or timeline initiatives
- Posses the ability to mentor and teach current job responsibilities.
- BS or BA with appropriate job-specific experience, or equivalent combination of education and experience. Advanced degree preferred.
- 3-5 years of experience in business or scientific area required.
- Ability to understand scientific, financial, business facts and metrics.
- Familiarity with basic finance and accounting processes and techniques.
- Expertise in MS Office applications, including Excel, Word, and PowerPoint required.
- Candidate should be flexible, able to work with minimal supervision and have good analytical, communication, organizational and team skills.
Clinical Affairs / Statistics
United States Santa Clara : Building A - SC Floor-2
United States Minnesota Plymouth : 5050 Nathan Lane N, United States Sylmar : 15900 Valley View Court, United States Texas Plano : 6600 Pinecrest, United States Texas Plano : 6901 Preston Road
Yes, 5 % of the Time
SIGNIFICANT WORK ACTIVITIES:
Continuous sitting for prolonged periods (more than 2 consecutive hours in an 8 hour day), Keyboard use (greater or equal to 50% of the workday)
Abbott is an Equal Opportunity Employer of Minorities/Women/Individuals with Disabilities/Protected Veterans.
EEO is the Law link - English: http://webstorage.abbott.com/common/External/EEO_English.pdf
EEO is the Law link - Espanol: http://webstorage.abbott.com/common/External/EEO_Spanish.pdf
About the company
At Abbott, we're committed to helping you live your best possible life through the power of health. For more than 125 years, we've brought new products and technologies to the world -- in nutrition, diagnostics, medical devices and branded generic pharmaceuticals -- that create more possibilities for more people at all stages of life. Today, 94,000 of us are working to help people live not just longer, but better, in the more than 150 countries we serve.
Connect with us at www.abbott.com, on Facebook at www.facebook.com/Abbott and www.facebook.com/AbbottCareers, on Instagram @AbbottGlobal, and on Twitter @AbbottNews and @AbbottGlobal.
We invite you to explore opportunities at Abbott, to see if your talents and career aspirations may fit with our openings. An equal opportunity employer, Abbott welcomes and encourages diversity in our workforce.