- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
- Saint Paul
Solid reputation, passionate people and endless opportunities.
Our superior financial strength and consistent record of strong operating returns mean security for our customers
- and opportunities for our employees.
You will find Travelers to be full of energy and a workplace in which you truly can make a difference.
Under moderate supervision, creates and executes internal communication plans to ensure the successful implementation of business initiatives.
Acts as a member of the internal client team to deliver the right messages to the right people at the right time in support of business objectives and to reinforce Travelers culture and character.
This job does not manage others.
Preferred experience in communications regarding employee benefits, health and wellness.
Primary Job Duties & Responsibilities
- Develop and deliver moderately complex internal communications plans to meet business and employee needs.
- Work with businesses, functions and project teams to drive the development and implementation of communications plans in line with enterprise internal communication strategy.
- Counsel project teams on communications approach and editorial matters.
- Integrate strategic business key messages into internal communications.
- Demonstrate a general understanding of business strategies and build them into communication approaches and materials.
- Utilize communications expertise to ensure successful implementation of internal communications.
- Coordinate communications delivery for assigned external audiences, partnering with communications team to ensure a comprehensive and integrated approach.
- Adhere to internal communications best practices and may recommend changes to practices.
- Develop thoughtful and creative solutions using a variety of communication media for maximum effectiveness.
- Adhere to enterprise approval processes, templates and brand guidelines in the development of internal communications materials.
- Contribute to measuring the effectiveness of internal communications through qualitative and quantitative methods.
May recommend changes.
- May mentor others on the development of communications.
- Other duties as assigned.
Bachelor's degree in in English, journalism, communications or writing or minimum of 2 years of related communications experience.
Education, Work Experience & Knowledge
- Typically 3-5 years of experience in communications or a related field.
- General knowledge of contemporary communications techniques.
- General knowledge understanding of appropriate methods and techniques for communicating with multiple audiences.
Job Specific & Technical Skills & Competencies
- Intermediate interpersonal skills and ability to communicate effectively verbally and in writing.
- Intermediate presentation skills.
- Intermediate project management skills, with ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously, within tight timeframes.
- Intermediate writing and editing skills.
- Intermediate problem-solving skills.
- Ability to work effectively both individually and as a member of a team (on team assignments).
- Basic ability to think strategically.
- Developing enterprise perspective and understanding of how initiatives fit into the organization.
Operates standard office equipment
Sitting (can stand at will)
Use of Keyboards, Sporadic 10-Key
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Travelers is an equal opportunity employer.
- ms project