- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
IMDb is the world’s most popular and authoritative source for movie, TV and celebrity content, reaching an audience of more than 200 million unique visitors per month. IMDb sits at the intersection of the entertainment, media, and technology markets inside the world’s most innovative and customer-centric company – Amazon.com. IMDb employees enjoy the benefits of working for Amazon with the autonomy of working on a small, nimble team.
As a data engineering leader at IMDb, we look to you for design, implementation, and successful delivery of large-scale, critical, or difficult data solutions involving a significant amount of work. These efforts are both new data solutions and refactoring existing. You heavily influence the design and write a significant portion of the “critical-path” code, but you think in terms of architecture, not just code. Where needed, you integrate your team’s data solutions with those owned by other teams. You influence your team’s technical and business strategy by making insightful contributions to team priorities and overall data approach. You take the lead in identifying and solving ambiguous problems, architecture deficiencies, or areas where your team bottlenecks the innovations of other teams. You make data solutions simpler.
· Bachelor's degree or higher in a quantitative/technical field (e.g. Computer Science, Statistics, Engineering)
· 5+ years of relevant experience in one of the following areas: Data engineering, database engineering, business intelligence or business analytics
· 5+ years of hands-on experience in writing complex, highly-optimized SQL queries across large data sets
· Demonstrable experience in scripting languages (Python, Perl, Ruby) and Excel
· Demonstrated strength in data modeling, ETL development, and Data warehousing
· Experience with AWS services such as Redshift, Athena, S3, AWS Glue, and EMR
· Knowledge of distributed systems as it pertains to data storage and computing
· Passionate about the entertainment industry
· Works well individually or in a team, driving things forward even in the face of ambiguity and imperfect data
About the company
Amazon strives to be Earth's most customer-centric company where people can find and discover virtually anything they want to buy online. By giving customers more of what they want - low prices, vast selection, and convenience - Amazon continues to grow and evolve as a world-class e-commerce platform.
Founded by Jeff Bezos, the Amazon.com website started in 1995 as a place to buy books because of the unique customer experience the Web could offer book lovers. Bezos believed that only the Internet could offer customers the convenience of browsing a selection of millions of book titles in a single sitting. During the first 30 days of business, Amazon fulfilled orders for customers in 50 states and 45 countries - all shipped from his Seattle-area garage.
Amazon's evolution from Web site to e-commerce partner to development platform is driven by the spirit of innovation that is part of the company's DNA. The world's brightest technology minds come to Amazon.com to research and develop technology that improves the lives of shoppers and sellers around the world.