- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
Marriott International is the world’s largest hotel company, with more brands, more hotels and more opportunities for associates to grow and succeed. We believe a great career is a journey of discovery and exploration. So, we ask, where will your journey take you?
Responsible for architecture, engineering and forthe overall performance and availability of our Core Network LAN and Property environments.This role is accountable for establishing management level relationships andpartnering with all business disciplines, other Marriott IT teams, outsourcingvendors and external suppliers to define network architecture and engineeringstandards. This position will also helpto define and support service delivery standards where needed, partner with theglobal technology leads including our operations teams to meet service levelrequirements and resolve service delivery issues across the portfolio.Reporting to the VP of Global Network, this key position is accountable toensure overall requirements by customers and peer delivery and operationsgroups are met. Accountabilities include, but are not limited to: WAN networkservices, customer engagement centers, continental IT executives, property LANservice providers, end-user computing services delivery, hosting services,enterprise availability, server, storage, virtualization, inclusive ofsecurity/privacy, risk management and disaster and crisis management.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or relatedtechnical field experience/certification
- 10+ years’experience in information technology including:
- 7+ years of Information Technology infrastructureleadership experience with at least 3 at a manager level
- 4 + years of direct management of cross functional,sourced, or matrixed teams and outsourced suppliers.
- 3+ years’ experience in the implementation of Data Centernetworks, Access, Distribution and Core network architectures and
- Technical knowledge in Cisco Networking (emphasis on Spine& Leaf designs and ACI), Load Balancing, Firewalls, security design (Intrusiondetection and prevention), DNS, NTP, Network Tools & Management
- Technical knowledge L3 Routing, EIGRP, OSPF, BGP, IPv6Routing, GRE Tunnel, Route filtering, redistribution, summarizations
- Hands-on experience with the Cisco Nexus datacenter switchplatforms (Nexus 9K, 7K, 5K, 2K)
- Hands-on experience with common Cisco routing and switchingplatforms (Catalyst 4500, 6500, ASR 1K, ISR 899G, 1100, 1921, 39XX, etc.)
- Hands-on experience designing, configuring and operatinghigh-speed campus and enterprise networks.
- Demonstrated experience in delivering written documentsdetailing network solutions and diagrams.
- 3+ years’ experience managing budgets ofover $15M.
- Experiencewith first hop protocols such as HSRP, VRRP and GLBP.
- Experiencewith VLAN routing, NAT/PAT configuration, SNMP andNetFlow.
- Knowledge of Nexus Switch and data center protocolvPC, FCoE, FabricPath and OTV.
- Experiencewith Disaster Recovery Planning and design
- Experience working in the servicessourcing and/or ITO field is highly desirable.
- Cisco Certified Design Professional (CCDP) or CiscoCertified Network Professional (CCNP)
- Defining RTO and RPO service level agreements
- Previous integration and acquisitions experiencehighly preferred.
- Understanding of network infrastructure automation,instrumentation and monitoring platforms.
- Develop complex global distributed infrastructuresolutions residing within multiple country borders.
- Provide program management assistance andcontribute input to help manage project schedules, risks, and costs.
- Manage Network LAN solutions, including the design,low level engineering, and delivery of new hardware systems for Marriottapplications across the enterprise and property networks.
- Define and Implement an Operational Recovery TimeObjective (RTO) and Recovery Point Objective (RPO) strategy for all Network LANInfrastructure areas.
- Establish management level relationships andpartnering with all Business disciplines and other MI teams to define ITenterprise network LAN services, meet service level requirements and serve asan escalation point to resolve service delivery and operational issues.
- Create functional strategies and specificobjectives for the sub-function and develops budgets/policies/procedures tosupport the functional Network infrastructure.
- Foster an environment of continuous improvement andstructured processes and procedures that support a zero-fault culture.
- Actively engages with VP of Global NetworkArchitecture & Engineering in the creation of long-term and annual ITbudgets/spending targets for the Network LAN Infrastructure area.
- Accountable for delivering enterprise network LANtechnical support to meet defined service levels that are benchmarked againstindustry standards and metrics.
- Monitor area usage/demand of services provided byeither the internal organization or outsources partners to ensure that sharedservices actual expenditures are in line with planned spending.
- Track actual utilization of services and reportingof supplier performance in meeting business service expectations and servicelevels.
- Accountable for ensuring usage / demand of LAN ServiceDelivery actual versus planned expenditures are monitored.
- Accountable for ensuring projected resourcebaselines are managed, forecasted and reconciled against actual utilization ofservices.
- Ensure key network LAN telecommunicationstechnology management processes are effectively managed including: governance,operations, planning, and change management.
- Define requirements, strategy, solutions, andstandards for Network LAN Infrastructure to meet business needs and adhere withenterprise architecture & security standards.
- Approve and oversees projects to implement andmaintain services.
- Partner on all aspects of the technology lifecycleincluding requirements, product and services management, planning, procurement,installation, support and retirement in conjunction with other InfrastructureVPs, Enterprise Architecture and the business planning teams.
- Support the development of and compliance withMarriott’s enterprise architecture, engineering, and design plans.
- Ensure participation of appropriate technicalexpertise in technical requirements gathering and solution design phases ofassigned projects.
- Continuously improve operations processes, developand present best practices, technical concepts and technologies for innovativeNetwork LAN solutions.
Human and Financial Capital Management
- Establish, motivate and lead a high-performance LANengineering and architectural team; attracts, recruits, and retains key membersof the department.
- Facilitate an organization and culture that createsdefined career paths and advancement opportunities throughout the organization.
- Responsible for maintaining in place charge backand allocation taxonomy for all network LAN infrastructure services thatindexes to the market and takes into consideration all internal Marriottcosts.
Cultivate a High-Performing Team
- Createa compelling vision, clear direction and strategy for the team.
- Generateenthusiasm and understanding of the Department vision and how each rolecontributes to the achievement of that vision.
- Ensurecapabilities are developed and resources are aligned to support the strategy.
- Attract,motivate, develop and retain highly skilled leaders; champion and modelleadership development.
- Createand sustain a work environment that drives associate engagement and enablesbusiness success.
- Ensureappropriate processes are in place and executed to drive collaboration andalignment within the team and with the broader IT organization.
- Serveas a role model and ensure all information security leaders are visible andeffective partners with IT counterparts, broader Marriott stakeholders, andservice providers.
- Demonstrateextensive Operational and Support experience with strong ITIL alignment GoodPractices (i.e. Incident Management, Problem Management, Change Management,Capacity Management, Release Management, Service Level Management)
Marriott International is an equal opportunity employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture. Marriott International does not discriminate on the basis of disability, veteran status or any other basis protected under federal, state or local laws.
- ms project