- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
Job type: Full-time
Role: System Administrator
Company size: 10k+ people
Company type: Public
web-services, java, project-management
Be part of an exciting opportunity in cutting edge technology and digital transformation to power the back end of the most used app on the T-Mobile network. As a Senior Engineer, you'll lead back-end services which power the T-Mobile Application on tens of millions of devices. We are looking for a self-starting team member who is passionate about delivering quality software and enjoys working closely with various cross-organizational partners on both strategic and tactical challenges. Candidate should lead technical and development decisions with good verbal and written communication skills and be able to work independently, utilize good time management skills, and function well within a diverse team.
- Own the technical vision and development of a sub-domain or capability. Technology and System
- Develops back-end applications to deliver new systems functionality supporting corporate business objectives. Lead moderately complex projects.
- Utilize development skills to build software and unit test new systems functionality per technical specifications, with deliverables to include builds and releases.
- Ensure Continuous Integration and Build is in place.
- Maintain technical skills and expertise through continuing education and training.
- Translate business, and functional requirements into documented technical specifications or User Stories.
- Communicate design, requirements, functionality, and limitations of systems/applications.
- Utilize development skills to build (code) and unit test new systems functionality per technical specifications, with deliverables to include code builds and documented unit test results.
- Develop or update support documentation as needed by the DevOps function and lead Peer Review to allow acceptance of systems changes into production.
- Oversee build and unit test production deployment packages.
- Facilitate/lead reviews (walkthroughs) or grooming sessions and demos of technical specifications and program code with other members of the technical team, communicating design, requirements, feature set, functionality and limitations of systems/applications to team and development lead.
- Utilize product lifecycle methodology as a guide for development activities.
- Provide on-call and after hours support as required for production releases and to respond and provide active resolution support on production outages.
- Minimum 5 years' professional experience Java with Spring framework.
- Minimum 5 years' Application Development experience.
- Minimum 5 years' professional experience designing and developing applications on one RDBMS.
- Minimum 5 years' professional experience designing and developing applications on one operating system (Unix or Windows 2000) or designing complex multi-tiered applications
- Minimum of 5 years' work experience as a Software Engineer preferably in large scale enterprise production systems.
- Acted as a Lead Developer like leading development, mentoring and driving design decision and best practices.
- Development experience on at least 4 projects with total project team size greater than 3 team members and has acted as lead Software Engineer on at least one project impacting multiple business units and providing technical leadership for at least 3 Software Engineers.
- Experience with troubleshooting and configuration of Amazon Web Services ideal.
- Has Experience with DevOps, Agile, and continuous integration practices and platforms
- Has experience mentoring other members of the technical/development staff
- Has experience working with at least 3 business applications/systems and has also provided tier 4 production support.
- Must be able to communicate with others effectively through written communication methods. Must be able to communicate (talking, hearing, etc.) with others effectively through oral communication methods.
- Bachelor's Degree. Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or a related field.
As America's Un-carrier, T-Mobile USA, Inc. (NASDAQ: TMUS) is redefining the way consumers and businesses buy wireless services through leading product and service innovation. The company's advanced nationwide 4G and 4G LTE network delivers outstanding wireless experiences for customers who are unwilling to compromise on quality and value. Based in Bellevue, Washington, T-Mobile USA. Inc. provides services through its subsidiaries and operates its flagship brands, T-Mobile and Metro by T-Mobile. For more information, please visit http://www.t-mobile.com
We Take Equal Opportunity Seriously - By Choice. T-Mobile USA, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All decisions concerning the employment relationship will be made without regard to age, race, ethnicity, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, marital status, citizenship status, veteran status, the presence of any physical or mental disability, or any other status or characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law. Discrimination or harassment based upon any of these factors is wholly inconsistent with our Company values and will not be tolerated. Furthermore, such discrimination or harassment may violate federal, state, or local law.