- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
- White Sands US
Raytheon Intelligence and Space (RIS) in El Paso, TX has an exciting opportunity for a Sr. Field Engineer I to support the RFSE group. The selected candidate will serve as a Maintenance Chief for the Iron Dome team with general guidance from functional management, responsible for providing team leadership to a customer-focused team or group of teams committed to increased quality and productivity. The Sr. Field Engineer I Field Engineering will participate in all aspects of system and operational maintenance. Troubleshoots and identifies system problems then implements solutions. Provides guidance to team on preventive maintenance issues, and ensures proper use of Iron Dome system assets. The responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
Qualifications of the Sr. Field Engineer I shall include, but are not limited to the following:
- Provide maintenance supervisory direction to the Iron Dome team.
- Providing single point of contact for US Army representatives as technical Subject Matter Expert.
- Experience in Preventive Maintenance Checks and Services (PMCS).
- Ensure Raytheon personnel are cross-trained to the greatest extent possible in various maintenance tasks.
- Must be able to speak, read, and write English; individual is required to communicate both orally and written to enable the satisfactory performance of his required technical tasks as described above.
- This position will participate in OCONUS training then stand up Iron Dome operations at White Sands Missile Range (WSMR) prior to relocating to an undetermined stateside location. The period of performance until relocation is approximately 18 months after start date.
- This position will require periods of travel CONUS and OCONUS.
- Must have current active Secret security clearance THIS POSITION WILL BE INVOLVED IN THE PROGRAM PROPOSAL STAGE AND BEYOND THAT IS CONTINGENT ON CONTRACT AWARD.
- Air Defense Warrant Officer or Non-Commissioned Officer with background in PATRIOT, LPWS, CRAM or Iron Dome systems.
- At least 5 years of experience performing mechanical and systems level maintenance tasks. Required Education (including Major):
Requires a degree in Science, Technology, Engineering or Mathematics (STEM) and minimum of 4 years of prior relevant experience unless prohibited by local laws/regulations.
About the company