- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary $60,069.00 - $96,111.00 gross per year
- Land O' Lakes
Salary Disclosure/General Description
Starting Salary: $60,069
Pay Grade: P43
Current Pasco County Employees: Please refer to the Personnel Policy and Procedure Manual for starting salary information.
Department: Public Infrastructure Fiscal and Business Administration
Location: Pasco County Utilities Administration Building, 19420 Central Boulevard, Land O Lakes, FL 34637
General Description: Responsible for assisting the Branch's Fiscal Director to manage debt portfolios and all associated compliance and monitoring for the various funds within the Public Infrastructure Branch. Works to manage and coordinate activities with mergers, acquisitions, strategic initiatives and other projects and activities requiring in-depth analysis, project management and branch leadership review.
EMERGENCY RESPONSE/RECOVERY ACTIVITIES: All employees will be required to work before, during, or after an Emergency. During an Emergency, employees may temporarily be assigned to work and perform duties outside the normal scope of their position, location, and work schedule to fit the needs of the County and its citizens.
Essential Job Functions
Responsible for monitoring debt positions of Public Infrastructure funds including financial reporting, rating agency surveillance, and all associated compliance metrics. Works to prepare continuing analysis and research on the debt positions relative to the market, industry peers and to the unit's historical trends. Responsible for filing and recording regulatory reports, auditing funds and working with the Director to actively monitor all components of debt for the branch. Coordinates communication with applicable advisors, counsel and other agencies. Responsible for acting as a project manager for special projects including but not limited to: Mergers and acquisitions, strategic initiatives, rate studies, policy design and implementation, financial modeling, and advanced analytical work. Supports process improvement efforts within the branch and provides both analytical and project management support. Creates and implements analytical and decision models, develops procedures and advises on various transactions.
Performs related work as required.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Knowledge of Financial Metrics and Enterprise Fund operations.
- Knowledge of external financing markets, methods and regulations including debt financing.
- Knowledge of general philosophy, principles, and objectives of the operating department or unit.
- Knowledge of the methods and procedures involved in budget preparation, maintenance, and control.
- Knowledge of contract writing and review.
- Knowledge of principles and methods of data collection, statistical analysis, and social research
- Knowledge of Florida local government budgeting and auditing.
- Knowledge of computer operations to include Microsoft Office based applications.
- Ability to utilize Microsoft Excel and perform analyses including the use of pivot tables and formulas.
- Ability to develop and implement administrative procedures and to evaluate their effectiveness.
- Ability to communicate clearly and concisely, both orally, and in writing.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with officials, other departments,
- employees, and the public.
- Ability to direct the development and installation of administrative procedures.
A Master's degree or higher in Public Administration, Business Administration, Finance or Accounting is preferred.
PHYSICAL SKILLS: Ability to communicate effectively using verbal, written and visual communication.
EDUCATION, TRAINING AND EXPERIENCE: Graduation from an accredited college or university with a Bachelor's degree or higher in Public Administration, Business Administration, Finance or Accounting . or related field plus two (2) years of experience in a position that involved activities such as financial analysis, debt issuance and/or monitoring and compliance, and contract review/administration.
LICENSES, CERTIFICATIONS OR REGISTRATIONS: Must possess a valid driver's license.
ADA STATEMENT: A qualified employee or applicant with a disability may be afforded a reasonable accommodation to perform the essential job functions of a position in compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act.
DRUG-FREE WORKPLACE: Pasco County BOCC is a drug-free workplace in accordance with Federal and Florida law.
VETERANS' PREFERENCE: Under Section 295.07, F.S., Chapter SSA-7, Pasco County BCC provides to Veterans, that preference in appointment will be given to preference-eligible applicants.
- microsoft excel
- ms project