- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
Sr. Front End Software Engineer - Bluprint (an NBCUniversal company)
Direct-to-Consumer & Digital Enterprises
Bluprint is an online community we’ve created for those with an insatiable desire to create and learn, ranging from adults to kids as young as 6. Every day, our 13 million+ members engage with over 3,000 hours of original, in-house produced entertainment on our subscription video-on-demand platform. Our popular series include Blank Wall Overhaul, Re:Fashion, and we’re regularly featured on the “Today” show. But we’ve also created an eCommerce shop with projects and inspirational ideas, sparking joy in the lives of our customers and helping them experience “I did it” moments. Want to join us?
As a Sr. Software Engineer, you will have an opportunity to redefine the ways that subscription video and eCommerce meet for the very first time. Working as a member of our engineering team, you will play a direct role in ensuring the success of our recently relaunched platform on MyBluprint.com.
Here is what you’ll be doing:
• Design and develop new features that will be seen by millions of users in our online community
• Partnering cross-functionally with others on our UX, Product, Front End, and DevOps team
• Write tests and perform code reviews to ensure that we're shipping reliable, readable, and reusable code
• Deploy production code regularly
Here is what we’re looking for:
• 2+ years React experience
• 2+ years of experience with deployment pipelines
• Someone who believes in the value of collaboration, working directly with our team onsite in Denver, Colorado. (We can and will provide relocation assistance.)
• Ability to occasionally work outside normal business hours to meet time sensitive deadlines
• Must be currently authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis
Nice to Have:
• Passion for continuous personal learning and development
• Agile/Scrum/Lean approaches to software delivery
• Experience working within a CI/CD environment
• Prior knowledge or work with Content Management Systems (CMS)
• An understanding of Java (for build tools like Jenkins)
• Experience with templating languages, such as Mustache or Handlebars
• Selenium testing experience
Recently acquired by NBCUniversal, Bluprint features complementary and adjacent categories that champion self-expression, wellness, mindfulness, performance arts and more. Bluprint’s vast content library consists of more than 3,000 hours of original classes and produced entertainment series’ across new categories. Offering content, commerce and community with the convenience of a 24/7 delivery system, Bluprint boasts a thriving community of over 13 million members and delivers a premium experience with best-in-class instructors and like-minded creatives.
At NBCUniversal, we believe in the talent of our people. It’s our passion and commitment to excellence that drives NBCU’s vast portfolio of brands to succeed. From broadcast and cable networks, news and sports platforms, to film, world-renowned theme parks and a diverse suite of digital properties, we take pride in all that we do and all that we represent. It’s what makes us uniquely NBCU. Here you can create the extraordinary. Join us.
About the company
NBCUniversal is where opportunities are found and careers are made. From the front lines to the top executive roles, we make it easy for potential candidates to explore opportunities and find the right fit with our team.