- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
- New York City
Sr Group Manager, Market Intelligence and StrategyBNY Mellon Issuer Services is seeking a Senior Market and Data Strategist to manage a team of data experts in the areas of market intelligence, client intelligence, digital data transformation, and data governance. This candidate will support the global organization in delivering technical sales support and execution on its commercial strategy. This role will work across the Issuer Services platform to deliver the breadth and depth of our platform, delivering thematic investment insights and programs across all asset classes to support the business and our clients achieve better outcomes for the markets they serve. Overseeing data strategy for the division, this individual will lead data digital initiatives that will transform the use of market statistics and research into digital capabilities and lead the enhancements of Issuer Services data governance and management. This individual will lead solutions and services to support the high impact growth of our global business. Leading the data intelligence and governance teams, this role works extensively with managed and advisory solutions teams, asset class leaders, digital leaders, data leaders, product group, sales management, and marketing to define, develop, and facilitate specific strategic and tactical product initiatives addressing the evolving investment needs of our business and clients. Key Responsibilities:
- This position will take a lead role in helping articulate and develop data construction solutions to help our business deliver solutions for Issue Services and our clients.
- Leading assessments/delivery of new business development solutions and support market opportunities, and deliver market research and strategy for sales, and data, digital, and product leadership teams.
- Leveraging thought leadership in statistics, global capital markets, market research, and digital data technologies, and data governance, deliver strategy and execution of our data platform.
- This role will help articulate and deliver relevant business development ideas and views alongside our product marketing team covering the full range of projects delivering our data platform.
- It is critical that the candidate has the ability to effectively articulate a multi-asset investment approach to a wide range of intermediaries and clients, as well as internal audiences.
- The candidate is also expected to contribute to the product marketing and positioning process, with new ideas and research that will enhance positioning of our overall platform in the market. The candidate should be able to engage with sales, marketing, product management and digital teams to develop those ideas and efficiently deliver them in actionable ways to the market.
- The successful candidate will leverage his/her deep knowledge of market research and data construction and understanding of critical client needs, the competitive landscape to help facilitate research innovation, enhance and develop innovative and commercial sales campaigns.
- This candidate will lead all data governance and execution for the Issuer Services organization and articulate and deliver upon the strategic initiatives developed by the Digital and Data teams.
• Extensive investment and capital markets knowledge; 10+ years demonstrated investment experience either in a market strategist role, an investment product management role or in a client coverage responsibility.
• MBA/CFA preferred.
• Credible expertise in portfolio construction, manager research, intermediary solutions development across a wide range of asset classes and deep familiarity with digital data tools and emerging technologies leveraged for data.
• Proven experience in advising on strategic market research competitor and market analysis.
• Experience in designing and executing market and data governance platforms and leveraging technology to advance business solutions for the business and clients.
• Ability to work effectively as a team across sales, marketing, product and investments teams and research analysts in a dynamic and global organization of scale.
• Ability to collaborate with Marketing and Sales partners experience working and collaborating with diverse sales organizations.
• Ability to prioritize, multi task, and organize work to meet deadlines, across multiple projects and managers.
• Strong written and verbal communication skills.
• Must be able to demonstrate flexibility and adaptability and ability to work under pressure.
• Strong research and analysis skills, with ability to synthesize and interpret data.
• Ability to present recommendations to senior management with conviction.
• High level of self-motivation, with strong integrity & ethics.
• Resourceful, proactive and able to prioritize and navigate in a fast-paced team-oriented environment.
• CFA, FINRA series 7 and 63 securities licenses a plus.
BNY Mellon is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
Minorities/Females/Individuals With Disabilities/Protected Veterans.
Primary Location: United States-New York-New York
Internal Jobcode: 70145
Job: Corporate Trust
Organization: Corporate Trust-HR06320
Requisition Number: 1907054
- directors and executives