- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
This position sits within the Clinical Trial Solutions (CTS)- Information Management organization. This role will support the Center of Excellence (CoE) and their partners including Data Management, Study Management, Clinical Pharmacology and our Clinical Programming teams. The individual in this position will be responsible for partnering with the above lines to define and deliver solutions to support business needs.
- Support or serve as business lead on the implementation and management of systems and support processes and its partners using industry standard methodologies.
- Serve as a subject matter expert to support the functional business lines
- Serve on cross-functional broad and strategic initiatives and solutions that can be applied to enhance existing solutions or to the introduction of new systems or processes.
- Draw on broad knowledge of existing solutions and interrelationships to provide ad-hoc consulting on CTS and enterprise-wide projects as required.
- Support information management solutions novel to the pharmaceutical industry which may include solutions in support of clinical and operational data review.
Bachelor or Master (preferred) Degree in Statistics, Data Sciences, Biological Sciences, Computer Sciences, or related field.
Prior Experience (Preferred):
- 10+ years of experience in the clinical trial process with working knowledge of related data flow from collection through reporting.
- Experience in technologies used in clinical trial data processing, including PLSQL and SAS.
- Experience in use, leading business facing implementations and/or support of technologies used in Data management, Clinical Pharmacology, and Clinical Programming.
- Knowledge/understanding of technologies to support clinical trials, familiarity with software development lifecycle; understanding of the state-of the-art technologies to evaluate and leverage them into improved business processes for worldwide deployment and adoption.
- Demonstrated ability to work on multiple projects
- Demonstrated knowledge of clinical development process including in depth knowledge and understanding of the principles of GCP
- Demonstrated project management skills as well as effective verbal and written communication skills in relating to colleagues and associates both inside and outside the organization.
- Proven ability to define clear, streamlined processes for technologies supporting clinical trials
- Understand customers and stakeholders and adapt messages appropriately
- Ability to make complex decisions that require choosing between multiple options
- Ability to work in ambiguous situations within the team to identify and resolve complex problems
- Ability to organize tasks, time and priorities of self and others; ability to multi-task
Pfizer reports payments and other transfers of value to health care providers as required by federal and state transparency laws and implementing regulations. These laws and regulations require Pfizer to provide government agencies with information such as a health care provider’s name, address and the type of payments or other value received, generally for public disclosure. Subject to further legal review and statutory or regulatory clarification, which Pfizer intends to pursue, reimbursement of recruiting expenses for licensed physicians may constitute a reportable transfer of value under the federal transparency law commonly known as the Sunshine Act. Therefore, if you are a licensed physician who incurs recruiting expenses as a result of interviewing with Pfizer that we pay or reimburse, your name, address and the amount of payments made currently will be reported to the government. If you have questions regarding this matter, please do not hesitate to contact your Talent Acquisition representative.
EEO & Employment Eligibility
Pfizer is committed to equal opportunity in the terms and conditions of employment for all employees and job applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, gender identity or gender expression, national origin, disability or veteran status. Pfizer also complies with all applicable national, state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment as well as work authorization and employment eligibility verification requirements of the Immigration and Nationality Act and IRCA. Pfizer is an E-Verify employer.
Other Job Details:
- Last Date to Apply for Job: 6/27/2019
- Additional Location Information: United Kingdom (remote), Collegeville, PA, New York, NY
- Eligible for Employee Referral Bonus
N (Other) (United States of America)
Pfizer is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable equal employment opportunity legislation in each jurisdiction in which it operates.
About the company
Pfizer, is an American multinational pharmaceutical corporation headquartered in New York City, New York, with its research headquarters in Groton, Connecticut. It is among the world's largest pharmaceutical companies by revenues.
Pfizer develops and produces medicines and vaccines for a wide range of medical disciplines, including immunology, oncology, cardiology, diabetology/endocrinology, and neurology. Pfizer's products include the blockbuster drug Lipitor (atorvastatin), used to lower LDL blood cholesterol; Lyrica (pregabalin for neuropathic pain/fibromyalgia); Diflucan (fluconazole), an oral antifungal medication; Zithromax (azithromycin), an antibiotic; Viagra (sildenafil, for erectile dysfunction); and Celebrex/Celebra (celecoxib), an anti-inflammatory drug.