- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
At more than 80 award-winning properties worldwide, The Ritz-Carlton Ladies and Gentlemen create experiences so exceptional that long after a guest stays with us, the experience stays with them. As the premier worldwide provider of luxury experiences, we set the standard for rare and special luxury service the world over. We invite you to explore The Ritz-Carlton.
Prepares all event documentation and coordinates with Sales, property departments and customer to ensure consistent, high level service throughout the pre-event, event and post-event phases of property events. This position primarily handles complex events. Ensures a seamless turnover from sales to service back to sales. Recognizes opportunities to maximize revenue by up-selling and offering enhancements to create outstanding events. Supports and acts on behalf of the Director of Event Management or Director of Event Planning and Operations in his/her absence. Serves as the event planner’s primary contact (following turnover) on property and is responsible for his/her experience.
Education and Experience
• High school diploma or GED; 2 years experience in the event management or related professional area.
• 2-year degree from an accredited university in Hotel and Restaurant Management, Hospitality, Business Administration, or related major; no work experience required.
CORE WORK ACTIVITIES
Executing Event Operations
• Solve problems and/or suggest alternatives to previous arrangements if necessary.
• Leads pre-event and post-event meetings for assigned groups.
• Identifies operational challenges associated with his/her group and works with the property staff and customer to solve these challenges and/or develop alternative solutions.
• Manages customer budgets to maximize revenue and meet customer needs.
• Oversees his/her customer experiences from file turnover through the post event phase until turnover back to sales.
• Conducts pre- and post-event meetings as required to review/communicate group needs and feedback.
• Manages group room blocks and meeting space for assigned groups.
• Adheres to all standards, policies, and procedures.
• Celebrates successes and publicly recognizes the contributions of team members.
Executing the Sales and Marketing Strategy
• Up-sells products and services throughout the event process.
• Participates in customer site inspections and assists with the sales process when necessary.
• Acts as liaison between field sales person and customer throughout the event process (pre-event, event, post-event).
• Manages revenue and profitability associated with events.
• Forecasts group sleeping rooms and event revenue (catering and audio-visual) for his/her groups.
• Reviews billing and payments with clients.
Providing Exceptional Customer Service
• Interacts with guests to obtain feedback on product quality and service levels.
• Handles guest problems and complaints.
• Makes presence known to customer at all times during entire event process.
• Follows up with customer post-event.
• Greets customer during the event phase and hands-off to the Event Operations team for the execution of details.
• Strives to improve service performance.
• Sets a positive example for guest relations.
• Reviews comment cards and guest satisfaction results with associates.
• Coordinates and communicates verbally and in writing with customer (internal and external) regarding event details.
The Ritz-Carlton is an equal opportunity employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture. The Ritz-Carlton does not discriminate on the basis of disability, veteran status or any other basis protected under federal, state or local laws.
- business administration
- customer service