- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
- DALLAS FORT WORTH, TEXAS UNITED STATES
Sr. NOC Engineer
Filmed Entertainment Group
Responsibilities include monitoring application performance and handling operational anomalies reported from stakeholders or other sources, Resolving simple servers side or application service issues while handling escalation of more complex issues to the right team in a timely manner, coordinating the response to business impacting Incidents and documenting new processes.
Proactively monitor and maintain the end-to-end website workflows, and content processing systems
Perform Tier 1 troubleshooting; respond to trouble tickets, customer calls and monitoring alarms and following established operating and escalation procedures.
Assist the engineering and software development teams in resolving day to day technical issues, reporting software bugs to the appropriate stakeholders
Compiling and publishing regular reports on system performance, uptime and other metrics for internal audiences.
Create views, scripts, saved searches, wiki pages and other operational documentation for support personnel. Creating Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) for workflows and troubleshooting.
• Minimum 3+ years enterprise technical support experience as a NOC Engineer or eCommerce Website Administrator in a production environment.
• Working knowledge of Windows server, IIS operations and Linux.
• Experience in networking (TCP/IP) and simple connectivity diagnostics
• Proficiency with Office Tools (Office 365, G-Suite)
• Experience in a scripting language such as Powershell, Perl, Unix Shell
• Understanding of web protocol specifications like SOAP, JSON, REST
• Excellent troubleshooting skills
• Experience interfacing with customers for support issues
• Experience and proven success working in a highly collaborative environment.
• Excellent interpersonal and written communication skills.
• Must be resourceful, able to adapt to new situations, and to work in a fast-paced, rapidly changing environment.
• Willing to work flexible hours including night and/or swing shifts and to be part of an on-call rotation.
• Desired Characteristics :
• College degree in a related field or equivalent experience
• Prior experience with ELK stack as a user
• Database query skills in MySQL and MS SQL
• Working knowledge of Atlassian JIRA and Confluence
• Knowledge of Kanban or other agile processes
• Understand the basic configurations of .Net and Java services
CityDallas - Fort Worth
At Fandango, we love movies. From showtimes and ticketing, to engaging content and innovations in movie going- we strive to deliver the perfect movie going experience—anytime, anywhere. And to be the go-to destination for moviegoers, we think it’s all about collaboration. Anyone can build a website or app, but it takes a special group across many disciplines to create an experience that can live across multiple platforms and connected devices. Thanks to an exceptional team, we’re working hard to make Fandango a little bit better every day. Our 30 million (and growing!) online and mobile monthly visitors can now buy movie tickets at over 25,000 screens nationwide and stay for exclusive trailers, our award-winning original video series, movie reviews, celebrity interviews and more. So, if you’re looking to inspire, be inspired and work at the intersection of entertainment and technology look no further than Fandango. Visit Fandango.com/careers for a behind-the-scenes look at Fandango and follow us on LinkedIn for the latest news and updates. Fandango is an NBCUniversal Company.
NBCUniversal’s policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.
About the company
NBCUniversal is where opportunities are found and careers are made. From the front lines to the top executive roles, we make it easy for potential candidates to explore opportunities and find the right fit with our team.