- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
Abbott is a global healthcare leader that helps people live more fully at all stages of life. Our portfolio of life-changing technologies spans the spectrum of healthcare, with leading businesses and products in diagnostics, medical devices, nutritionals and branded generic medicines. Our 103,000 colleagues serve people in more than 160 countries.
JOB DESCRIPTION:We are seeking an experienced, high caliber Sr Operator to work under general supervision in accordance with specific procedures and practices, may perform a combination of assembly, weld, x-ray, repair, and test operations on pacemakers, implantable cardioverter defibrillators (ICDs), leads, and related medical device assemblies. This position performs routine assignments with detailed instructions. Follows general instructions for routine work and more detailed instructions for new or special activities. Performs assignments of moderate complexity; usually refers more complex problems to immediate supervisor, lead or more senior level personnel from within the assigned department.
Impact this role will have on Abbott:
- Responsible for coordinating production activity in assigned work areas, ensuring that product is continuously processed in accordance with build schedules.
- Coordinates communication of work instructions to personnel in designated areas in accordance with supervisory objectives.
- May perform direct manufacturing operations in support of build schedules, as directed or as necessary.
- Performs regular process and quality performance audits of personnel, tooling and equipment in assigned areas.
- Advises supervisor or other appropriate contact in the event of issues affecting the productivity of the cell.
- Accumulates information for assigned areas regarding work in process inventory status and daily output quantities.
- Assists in providing direct training to area operators as required. Provides feedback on defects encountered, and provides re-training support as necessary.
- Accumulates and organizes data to support area continuous improvement plans, as directed.
- Provides assistance in expediting priority product and tasks in assigned areas.
- Performs inspection and determines disposition of rejects per required documentation, as directed.
- Resolves and/or facilitates resolution of problems including identifying causes to prevent re-occurrence.
- Support all Company initiatives as identified by management and in support of Quality Management Systems (QMS), Environmental Management Systems (EMS), and other regulatory requirements.
- Complies with U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) regulations, other regulatory requirements, Company policies, operating procedures, processes, and task assignments. Maintains positive and cooperative communications and collaboration with all levels of employees, customers, contractors, and vendors.
- Performs other related duties and responsibilities, on occasion, as assigned.
- Your experience(s), education and knowledge will further expand Abbott’s marketplace success:
- High School diploma or equivalent.
- AA degree in Electrical/Mechanical Technology, or comparable specialized training in and working knowledge of the manufacture of implantable medical devices or equivalent is desired.
- Five years or more of medical device or related assembly experience is preferred.
- Typically a minimum of four plus years related experience in the assembly of digital and analog circuitry/devices, including the demonstrated ability to provide work/lead direction to a team.
- Must be able to demonstrate comprehensive product assembly techniques, related process knowledge, plus a mastery of appropriate skill sets as confirmed by cognizant Engineering and/or Production/Quality Assurance supervisory personnel.
- Prior experience working in an air-conditioned clean-room manufacturing environment is required. Demonstrated ability to read and understand engineering drawings, schematics, diagrams, notes, and layouts.
- Demonstrated ability to use frequently used hand tools; demonstrated eye-hand coordination and capable of working with small precision devices.
- Demonstrated verbal and written communication, interpersonal, organizational and basic math skills. Must be able to work overtime as required.
- Experience working in a broader enterprise/cross-division business unit model preferred.
- Ability to work in a highly matrixed and geographically diverse business environment.
- Ability to work within a team and as an individual contributor in a fast-paced, changing environment.
- Ability to leverage and/or engage others to accomplish projects.
- Strong verbal and written communications with ability to effectively communicate at multiple levels in the organization.
- Multitasks, prioritizes and meets deadlines in timely manner.
- Strong organizational and follow-up skills, as well as attention to detail.
- Ability to maintain regular and predictable attendance.
- Occasional scheduled overtime is a requirement of this position.
- Your preferred qualifications and education:
- Experience working in a broader enterprise/cross-division business unit model preferred
DIVISION:CAHF Cardiac Arrhythmias & Heart Failure
LOCATION:United States Atlanta : 387 Technology Circle NW Suite 500
SIGNIFICANT WORK ACTIVITIES:Continuous sitting for prolonged periods (more than 2 consecutive hours in an 8 hour day), Continuous standing for prolonged periods (more than 2 consecutive hours in an 8 hour day)
Abbott is an Equal Opportunity Employer of Minorities/Women/Individuals with Disabilities/Protected Veterans.
EEO is the Law link - English: http://webstorage.abbott.com/common/External/EEO_English.pdf
EEO is the Law link - Espanol: http://webstorage.abbott.com/common/External/EEO_Spanish.pdf
About the company
At Abbott, we're committed to helping you live your best possible life through the power of health. For more than 125 years, we've brought new products and technologies to the world -- in nutrition, diagnostics, medical devices and branded generic pharmaceuticals -- that create more possibilities for more people at all stages of life. Today, 94,000 of us are working to help people live not just longer, but better, in the more than 150 countries we serve.
Connect with us at www.abbott.com, on Facebook at www.facebook.com/Abbott and www.facebook.com/AbbottCareers, on Instagram @AbbottGlobal, and on Twitter @AbbottNews and @AbbottGlobal.
We invite you to explore opportunities at Abbott, to see if your talents and career aspirations may fit with our openings. An equal opportunity employer, Abbott welcomes and encourages diversity in our workforce.