- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
ProductOwner for Global Matching Framework, Customer 360
Do you love puzzles? Do you consider yourself as a data expert? Doyou want to be lead and transform our capabilities to improve the way weidentify our customers and thus revolutionize the way we interact with them? Ifso, this may be the right role for you!
This position will be part of a fast-paced & innovative teamwithin Enterprise Digital and Analytics (EDA). The role is integral part of EDAand supports Customer 360 data enhancements which help build foundational datacapabilities used across enterprise by enabling development of new algorithmsleveraging machine learning techniques. The team applies rigorous,solution-oriented analysis including periodic case reviews to help BusinessUnits serve customer better by enabling more effective customer identificationand hence true prospect for AXP, enhancing demographic information and creatingactionable insights. The team is focused on enabling the best customerexperience everyday through a differentiated set of products andservices. A key part to accomplishing this vision, is knowing yourcustomers (individuals and businesses) and having a holistic understanding ofthat customer. Customer 360 is an AXP-wide capability that provides a globalenterprise view of entities (that have or had an American Express relationshipwith at least one product or service globally), comprehensive insights, andlinkages for consumer, merchant, and commercial. This will fundamentallyreshape our ecosystem and the way we engage with our customers by leveragingAmex internal/external data assets, world-class machine learning algorithms andBig Data environment.
We are looking for a high-caliber individual who will beresponsible for the productdesign of E2E global matchingalgorithms and solutions across both individual and businesses on moderntechnology stack in collaboration with decision science and technologycolleagues. The positionpartners closely with Product Owners and Managers, Engineers, Data Science and possibly external vendors in coming upwith next-generation matching capabilities while enriching the quality ofcustomer demographic data, building intelligence and insights, and supportingmodernization of the platform.
- Evaluate, maintain and continuously enhance Customer 360 global matching algorithms based on the evolving needs and tool/data availability, while supporting development and delivery of a vision, strategy and roadmap to achieve a next-generation matching capability.
- Lead ongoing management and optimization of the product backlogs, including partnership management, operational efficiency, collaborating across a wide net of stakeholders in Technology, Marketing, Servicing and Product.
- Support overall program management efforts including tracking project status, managing and escalating risks and issues.
- Manage specific tracks of product /capability development efforts from ideation to launch and maintenance.
- Define, measure and report on metrics related to product launch, process efficiency and performance.
- Research and evaluate external off the shelf matching solutions and algorithms to enhance the in-house global matching framework.
- At least 2-3 years of experience working with matching algorithms or similar techniques and methodologies.
- At least 3 years of experience in product management of technology or data-related products.
- Experience in Agile Scrum methodology or the Software Delivery Life Cycle.
- Effective oral and written communication with the ability to interact effectively with diverse audience across Business and Technical teams.
- Self-starter who is able to work independently, has exceptional problem solving and critical thinking skills, strong organizational skills with great attention to detail.
- Proven ability to adjust quickly to shifting priorities, multiple demands, ambiguity and rapid change.
- Experience with Programming languages (e.g. SQL, Hive) and knowledge on Big Data techniques (i.e. Gradient Boosting Machine, Random Forest etc)
- Experience and good acumen for analyzing, slicing and dicing data while deriving significant insights
- Information Management, Computer Science, or related degree; Master’s degree preferred
- Good understanding of payments industry & systems
Depending on factors such as business unit requirements, the nature of the position, cost and applicable laws, American Express may provide visa sponsorship for certain positions.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Nov 10, 2019, 5:41:55 AM
- ms project
About the company
We’re a company of inclusion—built on service, secured by trust and driven by forward thinking. For more than 160 years, we’ve helped our customers reach their goals. And today, as we continue to transform and lead the way in a digital universe, our goal is to reach more customers than ever—to serve the underserved and bring those in the financial margins into the mainstream.
As one of the world’s largest card issuers and most valued brands, we know the way we do business every day has the power to improve lives. We’re a company composed of individuals who understand and reflect the local communities and larger societies we serve. That’s why we’re focused on giving more customers more tools, more access and more ways to realize their dreams—knowing that those dreams look different in different parts of the world.