- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
Under the general direction of the MassHealth Chief Medical Officer/Director of OCA, or designee, the Senior Project Director works directly with the MassHealth Leadership Team in the development and implementation of a cohesive approach to evidence-based clinical coverage to promote access, equity, quality, and enhanced patient and provider experience for MassHealth’s initiatives.
- In conjunction with OCA and MassHealth leadership, responsible for the synthesis of MassHealth member data, population health data, and clinical effectiveness, utilization, and cost-avoidance information for coverage policy decision-making. The position would entail the development, adoption, and evaluation of clinical policy and innovative coverage that promotes medically necessary, clinically effective, timely, and cost-effective services for MassHealth members.
- Participate in the development of strategic priorities for MassHealth. Assist in the development of program key objectives, measurement, evaluation, and performance in conjunction with OCA clinical team, MassHealth Quality Office, and senior MassHealth leadership for assigned program areas.
- Convene and provide overall direction to clinical and quality workstream and other relevant project teams for the development of work plans, clinical design and analysis. Teams may consist of policy, clinical, data staff, and project coordinators.
- Facilitate MassHealth collaborations with sister agencies such as the Massachusetts Department of Public Health, Department of Children and Families, and the Center for Health and Informatics and Analysis to inform policy decision-making in areas of prevention, improved outcomes, and social determinants with implications for health equity.
- Identify necessary resources to perform interdepartmental projects, including organizing and coordinating resources from MassHealth data analytics, finance, operations, and publications; monitor work progress, including data analysis and reports.
- Manage project resources and plans to ensure timely completion of agreed upon outcomes.
- Provide functional supervision of other specified project staff as needed.
- Coordinate formal communications and meetings between MassHealth team and the providers around policy work stream, as well as working with senior departmental management regarding needs and concerns.
- Summarize findings of data analysis and incorporate pertinent information into project presentations.
- Perform other duties as required.
- Master’s degree in Health Care or Business Administration, Public Health, or a health policy related health care field; or equivalent.
- 5 years of related experience in developing, managing, or working with care delivery programs, including significant experience in strategy development and project management.
- Working knowledge of complex, federally funded projects and/or experience working in a health system or provider group setting.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills, both oral and written, to interact with leadership, staff, providers and other stakeholders.
- Clinical background or significant work in a clinical setting is a plus.
- Flexibility and ability to thrive in a fast-paced, dynamic environment.
- business administration
- ms project