- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
Job Location: United States:North Carolina : Cary
Role Value Proposition:
The role is for a Sr. Project Lead within Corporate Systems Finance. The Sr. Project lead is the primary interface to our business partner responsible for Project Accounting and Software Capitalization. The role addresses project planning, project cost estimation and coordination of resources (FTE and offshore) for Project Accounting initiatives in all Regions in which the PeopleSoft Financials suite is implemented; often, the initiatives involve coordination with other PeopleSoft module owners, as well as with other systems and applications where interdependencies may exist. The role also is responsible for other aspects of IT accounting that relate to infrastructure costs (Infrastructure Project Code Administration = IPCAD). IPCAD is used to create and maintain Distributed project codes and Services (Mainframe) project codes; it also maintains the list of Mainframe and PACS approvers.
- Planning and prioritization of work and initiatives with business partner(s); managing project plans, monitoring projects and their progress, reporting on project status, monthly forecasting, escalating issues appropriately.
- Coordinating resources, partnering with peers and with team members to build work plans; directing and prioritizing activity as needed.
- Partnering with Business and IT/AD Teams to create and verify technical specifications to meet business requirements; lead Proofs of Concept if needed
- Ensuring organizational objectives are being met in terms of Project Fitness, QA Engagement, Financial and Operational goals, responsible for Application certification, security assessments, ethical hack testing, dynamic scans and resolution of any discovered vulnerabilities.
- Communicating with partner providers and peers impacted by changes being made in systems in our portfolio and/or providing partner providers and peers status on work with dependencies on our portfolio
Essential Business Experience and Technical Skills:
- Experience (7+ years of experience) in project management and managing application development projects; PMP Certification is a plus
- Excellent track record for managing resolution of problems under pressure/time constraints
- Eagerness to learn business concepts and technologies critical to the portfolio of systems
- Undergraduate degree required in Computer Science or Information Management; minor in Finance/Accounting is a plus, but not required
- Excellent written and oral communication skills to communicate technical concepts in an easy-to-understand way
- Relies on experience and judgment to accomplish goals; self-motivated
- Experience working with MicroSoft Office tools (Excel, Word, Project), change management tools (PHIRE, Star Team), Maestro Scheduling, and relational database technology (Oracle, MS SQL Server)
- Familiarity with Mainframe concepts and navigation, and JCL; familiarity with TOAD, SQL, Visio and PERL
- Previous experience as a project lead or manager, and experience managing business partner relationships
- Excellent organization and time management skills with the ability to work in a dynamic environment that requires the ability to work on several work streams in parallel
- Excellent interpersonal and written communication skills
- Working knowledge of SharePoint, Yammer, PHIRE, Star Team and ServiceNow
- Proficiency in using MicroSoft Office tools (Excel, Word, Project)
- Prior experience with PeopleSoft Financials modules and/or accounting concepts or systems/applications
- Prior experience working with .Net, MS SQL Server and Oracle database applications
- Ability to effectively interface and communicate with multiple levels within the organization/enterprise
- Prior experience or exposure to Mainframe concepts and navigation, and JCL.
At MetLife, we’re leading the global transformation of an industry we’ve long defined. United in purpose, diverse in perspective, we’re dedicated to making a difference in the lives of our customers.”
MetLife is a proud equal opportunity/affirmative action employer committed to attracting, retaining, and maximizing the performance of a diverse and inclusive workforce. It is MetLife's policy to ensure equal employment opportunity without discrimination or harassment based on race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, national origin, marital or domestic/civil partnership status, genetic information, citizenship status, uniformed service member or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
MetLife maintains a drug-free workplace.
For immediate consideration, click the Apply Now button. You will be directed to complete an on-line profile. Upon completion, you will receive an automated