- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
What you’ll be doing...
Verizon Connect is guiding a connected world on the go by automating, optimizing and revolutionizing the way people, vehicles and things move through the world. Our full suite of industry-defining solutions and services put innovation, automation and connected data to work for customers and help them be safer, more efficient and more productive. With more than 3,500 dedicated employees in 15 countries, we deliver leading mobile technology platforms and solutions.
As a SaaS leader, we know our talent is the most important component to our success. We hire top talent and empower them to do their best work. As a division of Verizon, we combine the fun and excitement of a start-up environment with the resources, operational excellence, and brand recognition of an established tech giant.
Primary purpose of the Senior Project Manager position is to plan and manage the delivery of business/technical SaaS projects. This includes project planning, execution, implementation and scoping/estimating of change orders/new projects. Individual will work closely with the various internal functional business groups including Sales, Engineering, Product Management, Support and Training, Customer Success team and all levels within a customer organization and vendor in defining project priorities, scope, approach, resource requirements and timing deliverables.
• Demonstrate high level of interpersonal skills and relationship management capability.
• Communicate solutions to both a technical and business audience in both group and individual settings.
• Employ the application of knowledge, skills, tools and techniques to project activities to meet the project requirements.
• Inspire team participation and creativity.
• Track, optimize, forecast, and report financial cost elements
• Identify and report new revenue opportunities.
• Inspire team participation and creativity.
• Articulate the business and technical value of Telogis solutions to clients.
• Share information, knowledge and experience with Telogis functional groups
• Professionally manages and supports both internal and external customer relationships
• Understands customer's business and technical environment and supports customer's needs
• Delivers high quality results that meet identified needs of internal and/or external customers
• Manages all aspects of delivery (including financial management)
• Estimates time and resources
• Manages scope vs cost vs schedule vs risk
• Acts as a thought leader in informal and/or formal communities and business networks
• Provides real world experience and feedback to internal product managers to ensure our future product direction is in line with clients’ needs
• Communicates and influences effectively in situations of conflict
• Convinces at an executive management level through outstanding interpersonal, written and presentation skills
• In a difficult situation, ability to communicate in a respectful manor, internally and externally
• Optimizes revenue and cost to maintain or increase project profit margin
• Effectively plans, prioritizes and manages work and clearly sets and communicates key priorities/expectations
• Pursues development of own area of expertise and other areas for the good of the business
• Provides forecast information (i.e., Recognize revenue, Estimate at Completion)
• Influences group to reach a constructive outcome
• Delivers presentations to high level client audiences
• Presents business and/or technical concepts and solutions such that the concept/solution and impacts are clearly understood
• Ability to understand the customer's environment to know if there are further opportunities and then pursue those opportunities with Sales
• Ability to correlate the solution with the customer's pain point(s) and being able communicate to the client from a business and technical perspective.
What we’re looking for...
Education and/or Experience:
• Degree education, with a minimum of 10 years’ experience in a professional services environment. PM certification preferred. SaaS background desirable.
• Strong track record in driving projects to a successful conclusion (customer satisfaction, scope, budget, financial)
• An ability to inspire, energize and motivate teams across all service functions; able to influence both internal and external stakeholders
• Sound business
About the company
For more than 100 years, Verizon has been at the center of the communications revolution.
Verizon is one of the largest communication technology companies in the world.
We help people, businesses and things communicate better.
The digital world promises consumers a better, more connected life, and we’re the ones delivering it. We make it possible for people to stay in touch and businesses to connect with their customers. We’re also bringing technology and hands-on learning opportunities directly to kids who need it most. Our goal is to inspire tomorrow’s creators to use technology to build brighter futures for themselves, their families and the world.