- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary $66,226.00 - $105,962.00 gross per year
- Land O' Lakes
Salary Disclosure/General Description
Starting Salary: $66,226.00
Pay Grade: P45
Current Pasco County Employees: Please refer to the Personnel Policy and Procedure Manual for starting salary information.
Department: Facilities Management
Location: Land O' Lakes
General Description: Ensure the application of sound Project Management techniques and processes as they relate to facility design construction programs and projects. Participate and support strategic planning efforts including master planning, site specifications and standards. Manages, plans, coordinates and supervises the activities of staff, architects, engineers, contractors and vendors to complete construction of new County facilities, expansion and renovation of existing buildings and capital improvements to existing facilities.
EMERGENCY RESPONSE/RECOVERY ACTIVITIES: All employees will be required to work before, during, or after an Emergency. During an Emergency employees may temporarily be assigned to work and perform duties outside the normal scope of their position, location and work schedule to fit the needs of the County and its citizens.
Essential Job Functions
- Establish a team environment that collaborates extremely well across functional departments and succeeds at achieving functional objectives and getting accurate requirements documents that ensure cost efficiency and reliability.
- Assist in shaping project management processes.
- Prepare bid/construction documents, reviews drawings, plans, and specifications with respect to code and health/safety issues.
- Develop criteria for consultant selection.
- Track the initiation phase of projects and their prioritization.
- Shorten startup timelines for infrastructure required to execute contracts, brief upper management, attend public meetings.
- Ensure projects have appropriate cost estimates, risk assessment & mitigation, configuration management, and supporting documentation build into all requirements documents.
- Makes field surveys of sites and buildings and confers with others concerning program requirements for proposed repairs, remodeling, renovations, and/or construction.
- Develops projects to include scope, cost estimates, and schedule.
- Gather, research, compile, analyze and organize information from files, maps, drawings, reports, studies, and maintenance tools pertaining to site asset history and condition.
- Conduct interview, surveys, and site inspections concerning factors that affect site assets and recapitalization.
- Oversees capital expenditure and construction project budgets, coordinates and conducts contract negotiations and monitoring.
- Responsible for resolutions and recommendations concerning unplanned increases in project costs.
- Acts as liaison between County departments, elected officials, Assistant County Administrator, and Budget Officials in coordination of capital and construction project time frames, objectives, and funding to ensure that projects meet both functional and budgetary requirements.
- Evaluate and recommend improvements to operational management procedures, processes, and policies.
- Determines and oversees compilation of the yearly budget for the construction projects and advises Office of Management and Budget regarding estimates of future building projects.
- Prepares project status reports and schedules as required.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Knowledge of contract administration and negotiations.
- Ability to read and interpret blue prints, specifications and construction documents.
- Certified General Contractor preferred.
PHYSICAL SKILLS:Ability to communicate effectively using verbal, written, and visual communication.
EDUCATION, TRAINING AND EXPERIENCE:Graduation from an accreditedcollege or university with a Bachelor's degree in Civil Engineering, Architecture or related field. Ten (10) years of experience in the field of architecture, project management, or construction field, managing multiple projects, including five (5) years as a project manager. Five (5) years experience working with construction project estimating and Florida building codes.
LICENSES, CERTIFICATIONSOR REGISTRATIONS:Must possess a valid driver's license.Project Manager Professional (PMP) certification or Registration as a Professional Architect in the State of Florida preferred.
ADA STATEMENT:A qualified employee or applicant with a disability may be afforded a reasonable accommodation to perform the essential job functions of a position in compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act.
DRUG-FREE WORKPLACE: Pasco CountyBOCCis a drug-free workplace in accordance with Federal and Florida Law.
VETERANS' PREFERENCE:Under Section 295.07, F.S., chapter SSA-7 Pasco County BCC provides to Veterans, that preference in appointment will be given to preference-eligible applicants.
- ms project
- project manager