- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
- South San Francisco
Sr Project Manager
South San Francisco
United States of America
Job ID: 201912-135096
Apply For This Job
Return to Search Results
The Senior Project Manager will be part of the ERP North America team to manage projects across a broad range of IT solution areas. Primarily responsible for delivering the project on time, within budget and meeting the strategic business and technical requirements. Identifies and schedules project deliverables, milestones, and tasks. Manages the triple constraints (cost, schedule, scope/quality) of the project. Provides project status. Formulates and defines the scope and objectives of project and ensures communication of project goals and business direction to executive management. Consults with management on an ongoing basis to maintain strategic link to business needs. Establishes effective communication between dependent projects. Assures compliance with project management policies and standards.
This position reports to the Head of ERP North America and is based in South San Francisco, CA.
- Responsible for projects and/or program deliverables on behalf of the whole team
- Represent the organization as the prime project contact and interact with senior customers on significant technical matters often requiring coordination between organizations.
- Make complex project decisions within the North America ERP area in consultation with the customers as well as evaluate tradeoffs.
- Design and implement new processes by operating as the subject matter expert.
- Communicate appropriate information (complexities, strategies, issues, solutions) within and across multiple business areas.
- Create partnerships and take responsibility for building effective and high performing teams.
- Guide and influence teams, committees or other forum decision-making bodies and foster a collaborative team environment that excels at leveraging diversity of thinking, innovation and expertise
- Responsible for the stewardship of multiple projects, programs and respective teams. Key influencer in decisions, solutions and issues resolution within projects and programs.
- Determine methods and procedures on new assignments and coordinate the activities of others as a team lead. Help define and operate functional solutions to achieve ERP value delivery and business objectives
- Accountable for managing competing priorities, resources and activities within and across multiple projects and programs.
- Proven track record and complete/full understanding and demonstrated abilities in project management skills and other related disciplines.
- BA or BS degree and a minimum of 5 to 7 years of leading projects in the pharmaceutical/biotechnology, or healthcare industry
- Post-grad coursework is desirable
- Certified ScrumMaster and PMP Certification is very much preferable
- Have successfully led large-scale software projects (with multiple tracks of work and teams in multiple locations) from concept to delivery
- Minimum of 3 years of vendor management including strong understanding of business process and operations needed for success and negotiation experience
- Strong skills in leading teams, problem solving, influencing, teamwork, initiative and communication.
- Demonstrated skills in innovation and creative approaches in building new business process solutions.
- Ability to work flexible hours as needed in partnership with global locations.
- Healthcare software background within a regulated environment.
- International teamwork or global functional experience is preferred
- In order to support the user community, this role requires some flexibility in work hours and the ability to travel domestically and internationally up to 20%.
Who We Are
A member of the Roche Group, Genentech has been at the forefront of the biotechnology industry
for more than 40 years, using human genetic information to develop novel medicines for serious and
life-threatening diseases. Genentech has multiple therapies on the market for cancer & other serious
illnesses. Please take this opportunity to learn about Genentech where we believe that our employees
are our most important asset & are dedicated to remaining a great place to work.
The next step is yours. To apply today, click on the "Apply online" button.
Genentech is an equal opportunity employer & prohibits unlawful discrimination based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, national origin/ancestry, age, disability, marital & veteran status. For more information about equal employment opportunity, visit our Genentech Careers page.
Return to Search Results
- ms project
- project manager
About the company
Genentech is a leading biotechnology company that discovers, develops, manufactures and commercializes medicines to treat patients with serious or life-threatening medical conditions. We are among the world's leading biotech companies, with multiple products on the market and a promising development pipeline.