- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
Senior Project Manager – Transportation
Job Description Summary
Work closely with operating teams to advance transportation capabilities by supporting project management and cross-team communication venues. Track issues, risks, dependencies, metrics, and results. Support cross-functional governance activities across transportation, such as project intake, sequencing of major activities, or coordination of major functions across different parts of the organization. This role requires an individual who is curious, collaborative, has strong execution skills, and is comfortable navigating in an ambiguous, fast-paced environment.
About Global Transportation & Logistics (GTL)
A role in Global Transportation & Logistics means you’ll focus on the efficient transportation of product around the world, while ensuring compliance with U.S. Customs regulations and achieving the best possible product availability through proper inventory positioning. You’ll not only establish and develop great relationships with our vendors to encourage on-time shipment and delivery to stores and ultimately guests, but you’ll also analyze transportation supplier capabilities and contracts for maximum speed, reliability and cost effectiveness.
- Coordinate effective governance of cross-team activities, supporting one or more major activity areas (Examples: Project intake, product team coordination, carrier segmentation).
- Manage the agendas for and facilitate cross-functional team meetings.
- Develop and maintain roadmaps and timetables to ensure that initiatives are completed on-time and in service to the overall strategy.
- Work closely with Lead Project Managers to drive large-scale projects and/or independently manage small scale projects by executing project-level reporting or other project deliverables, identifying risks and dependencies, problem-solving, and supporting change management.
- Support problem analysis to identify root causes and potential solutions.
- Provide inputs to other GTL and Global Supply Chain & Logistics (GSCL) functions, such as metrics development, analytics, and financial modeling.
Minimum Requirements and key competencies:
- Bachelor’s degree
- Strong execution and communication skills
- Familiarity with project management tools and a variety of approaches (Agile, Six Sigma, etc)
- Ability to think in terms of Now, Next and Future path forward
- Comfortability conducting basic data analysis, including Excel
- Highly flexible and comfortable working in an ambiguous, fast-paced environment
- Transportation or supply chain experience
Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA)
Target will provide reasonable accommodations (such as a qualified sign language interpreter or other personal assistance) with the application process upon your request as required to comply with applicable laws. If you have a disability and require assistance in this application process, please visit your nearest Target store or Distribution Center or reach out to Guest Services at 1-800-440-0680 for additional information.
- ms project
- project manager
About the company
Target Corporation (NYSE TGT) is an upscale discount retailer that provides high-quality, on-trend merchandise at attractive prices in clean, spacious and guest-friendly stores.