- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
A Subject Matter Expert (SME) for Optum360 Revenue Services Process Excellence is responsible for supporting Billing Operations by providing deep technical understanding of billing processes and supporting IT systems that drive ultimate cash collections for revenue cycle management. The position is responsible for: end-to-end business process activities - creating, controlling and improving business processes; leading process design and project implementation teams in process improvement activities; diagnosing process
Improvement opportunities and developing solutions using principles of process excellence and related tools. This position is also responsible for quality reporting, analysis and audits and for developing plans and programs to support continuous quality improvement using applicable tools.
The SME is responsible for leading the pursuit of Billing Best Practices within a functional billing operations tower such as Billing Third Party and Billing Front-End Operations including Billing Data Entry (BDE) and Billing Data Acquisition (BDA).
You’ll enjoy the flexibility to telecommute* from anywhere within the U.S. as you take on some tough challenges.
- Assesses and interprets customer needs and requirements
- Identifies solutions to non-standard requests and problems
- Solves moderately complex problems and / or conducts moderately complex analyses
- Works with minimal guidance; seeks guidance on only the most complex tasks
- Translates concepts into practice
- Provides explanations and information to others on difficult issues
- Coaches, provide feedback, and guide others
- Acts as a resource for others with less process engineering experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Data Analytics, Decision Sciences, Processing Engineering, Industrial Engineering, Pure Mathematics, or related field
- 3+ years of demonstrated leadership ability, presentation skills and billing process experience in specific areas of understanding
- 3+ years of proven / demonstrated analytical skills along with the ability to obtain, manipulate and present data from available systems and ancillary databases in meaningful ways to provide billing insight upon which actions can be taken to improve operational performance
- Demonstrated understanding of basic process management and total quality management principles and methodologies (e.g., Six Sigma; Lean)
- Demonstrated understanding of basics of transaction monitoring (e.g., claims processing; eligibility transactions; customer installation)
- Demonstrated understanding of relevant organizations' operations, products and applications, strategies, processes, and / or business priorities in order to build effective solutions
- Develop, demonstrate, and continuously improve understanding of upstream and downstream impacts to partners of business process operations and solutions
- Demonstrate and remain current in understanding of relevant regulations (e.g., healthcare; security; banking)
- Demonstrate understanding of relevant computer systems, applications, and / or platforms (e.g., MS Project; SharePoint; MS Word;AS400 Mainframe; COSMOS; UNET; Diamond; Facets; ppoOne; Tableau; SQL)
Careers with Optum. Here's the idea. We built an entire organization around one giant objective; make health care work better for everyone. So when it comes to how we use the world?s large accumulation of health-related information, or guide health and lifestyle choices or manage pharmacy benefits for millions, our first goal is to leap beyond the status quo and uncover new ways to serve. Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, brings together some of the greatest minds and most advanced ideas on where health care has to go in order to reach its fullest potential. For you, that means working on high performance teams against sophisticated challenges that matter. Optum, incredible ideas in one incredible company and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job Keywords:Data Analytics, Decision Sciences, Processing Engineering, Industrial Engineering, Six Sigma, Lean, Tableau, Norristown, PA, Pennsylvania